The Barrier I can't seem to break through

tayke2 On 1:19 PM

Last year, I logged my biggest cash ever when I took 4th in the 100 buck 6 handed for 2700 bucks. Since then, I've logged several 4 figure scores. Ironically, many of them have been tantalizing close, but haven't surpassed the 2700 mark. A 4th in the turbo hundo for 2640. A 4th in the turbo fiddy for 2200. A 3rd in the 5 buck rebuy for 1500. The list goes on. Last night ,I thought I would finally break through the barrier, but alas, I ended up again just short, finishing 3rd in the turbo fiddy for 2555.

As is necessary in this tourney, I logged a quick double up I think it was AK vs AJ preflop. I lost some more back to my starting stack, before chipping up to about 3200 when a hugeee hand played out. I was dealt KK in the bb. The utg+2 shoves all in blinds at 150 300 for 3k. Two positions later a guys same stack goes all in. I snap call, and the bb goes all in! 12k in the pot. The hands: A8,99, and of course AA. But the flop comes a sick KQ9, and I hold to take a big pot down. From there, I log a couple big pots, and just like that I'm chip leader with 88 to go. Just a couple weeks ago, I got 8th in the turbo 50, with a very similar story. Huge stack that dwindled as the money bubble hit. I got caught a few times, and ended up getting to the money, the top 45, in about 20th place. After getting down to about 13 bbs, I double with KK vs 88. We get down to two tables, and I make a couple bad call offs with 33 and A7 and suddenly, I'm 12th wit 13 left.

However, I double with AK to KQ, and win a few more pots. Next thing I know I'm chip leader at the final table. IT was quite a roller coaster to the top 5. I would double a guy up with a loose call, then ko someone AJ vs 88. Then I double a guy up, then o a guy with 55 vs AJ. I end up getting to be 3rd with 3 left. I have 200k, other guy has 220k, and leader had 425k. With blinds at 10k 20k I need to make a move soon. Dealt A8 in the bb, I shove when the big stack limps in the SB. He thinks for a few seconds and calls and shows....Q8 of clubs?!? For half his stack? If I Can hold I'm the chip leader 3 handed. As you can guess, it didn't Flop comes QKQ and I'm out in 3rd for 2555.

First got 5.5k. I was pretty disgusted after, but today i'm pretty stoked about it. I have 1.3k in the bankroll, with a 216 seat in the turbo 6 handed ftops in a few weeks. With a 2000 dollar check comin in the mail, I have some vegas money to work wit! Probably gonna bring 600-700 to gamble with. Going to vegas the weekend of Aug. 15. Meeting up with my crew again for a sick reunion I'm really excited. Will post updates on that and any other cashes as they come. thanks for reading.

2 Responses "The Barrier I can't seem to break through"

  1. Kristal says:

    Damn good ran. While you didn't break that barrier, you can pretty close and that's still a lot of money!

  2. Christina says:

    If I give you a lap dance will you give me some of your $$$$$? I'll give one to Kristal too.