Another Day Another Final Table

tayke2 On 10:30 AM

So last night I registered for about 42 tournaments lol and only cashed in 3. I won another 109 seat and unregstered for it and this sunday I will be playing in the 750k. I got top 18 in the same 10 buck tournament I won earlier this week. Then there was the 28k. This is a 26 buy in tournament that gets about 1200 people each time, and its one I've notoriously struggle with. I've probably play it at least 10 or 12 times, and have only min cashed at most twice. But last night was different. I was at the top of my game, and deep run was inevitable.

I don't recall many hands leading up to final 18, but i had the chip lead for most of the top 100. Thanks to a great bluff I pull with 55 on a KQ1076 board and I played trips aces aggressively and trapped two pair. I had been playing fairly aggressively preflop, and I raise standard with A8 the bb call. The flop came AQA. Now normally I would check here, but i decide to bet small out 24k into a 80k pot. The guy fell for the biat, and raise to 80k and I pushed he called virtually drawing dead with QJ.

So in the final 18 I make more standard bets. Three times I picked up : AQ and AA back to back. AK and KK back to back. And A10 AQ back to back. All rasie and take it pre flop. I enter the final table as the chip leader with 625k. However, save one short stack of under 100k, everyone else was between 300k and 500k, and with blinds at 12k 24k, I was anything but comfortable. I hit a pretty sick cooler raised to 74k pre with AQ an aggressive calling station called and the flop came A86. I bet 100k he ships it 77k more and flips 66 for bottom set. Ugh down to 350k. Then after a couple raise and take its, I called the short stacks late all in raise wit A9. The guy had been playing pretty tight, but with only 4 big blinds, he was pushing light but he woke up with 10 10 and I couldn't catch up. Just like that, I was down to 175k, and the short stack. 9 people were still left, as at least 6 or 7 all in's had doubled up.

Finally, a short stack busts, so I can breathe alittle easy. Blinded down to 100k, I push with QJ in the SB and get called by the big blind with 107. This guy reallllly wanted to bust me I had raise his blinds a few times with two tables left and he wasn't happy lo. The board bricks out and I have 200k.

I steal two more blinds with AQ and AK and am up to 300k when another player busts. Then on the button, I push 250k with 10 9 off with blinds at 15k 30k. The blinds have 450k and 230k, so each needs to wake up with a hand. Well mr pissed off at me wakes up with the monster 22 and pushes all in!! Did I say the guy really wanted to bust me? Pushes 60% of his stack in praying for a coin flip. Love the flop of J84 two diamonds. Turn bam 7 of diamonds and I'm starting to celebrate until I see he has the 2 of diamonds me no diamond. And wouldn't u know it, 5 of diamonds on the river. I'm out in 7th for 860 bucks.

Can't describe how disappointed I still am. I wanted to make top 3, ad 3rd took 3k and 1st took a whopping 6.7k! Think this was my best shot I'm gonna get for a while, but hey u never know. Weekend schedule. First holiday 100k today. This tournament has 10,000 people in it. 1800 cash minimum cash 10 bucks I think final table gets 1k first gets 10k. Same thing tomorrow at 3:15. Then tomorrow I also have the double deuce 22 buck buy in first gets 30k. Then at 6 tomorrow grand daddy of them all the 750k. I got a good feelin bout that one. Last time I play, I was a flush draw away form 15k in chips at 120 240. And with me playing my best, I hope a deep run is in the cards. No pun intended. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Another Day Another Final Table"