0/4 in the FTOPS this time

tayke2 On 2:20 PM

Pretty disappointed that i didn't cash in any of the ftops this time around. I was running hot in the satellites I think all and all I won 6 seats but only used 4 since I'm going to VEGAS tomorrow! So pumped. Here's a recap of the last two ftops I played, the 216 HA and the 216 turbo 6 handed.

Ok so in the HA I got into a huge hand early. With about 5800 I call a late position raise with AK and two early limpers call as well. Flop comes A98 two diamonds. I check early limper beats pot 900 I raise pot 3600 and he thinks for about 15 secs and pushes all in for 500 more I call he has A6 of diamonds. No 6 or diamond and I have over 10k 20 mins in. Turn is a K so now just no diamond river 5 of diamonds. SO LAME but still got around 2k.

I double up a couple times and am back in it with 5k when this hand happens. The button with about 2600 raises and I reraise in the bb with KK92. He calls flop comes 4 8 K with one heart. We get it all in and he shows one king with two hearts. As per usual, runner runner heart and I'm down to 2500 again could have had 7500 lol.

Then I double again to about 3000 I get all in with a 2k stack preflop in holdem my AK his QQ. Flop blanks out turn Q river obv K hit it too late. Down to 1200. I get it in after the flop with AQ high vs 33 and lose. Out in a couple hours.

So sick had two shots as a good favorite to get big stacks and bad suck out both times. Story of the ftops lol

Last event was the 216 6 handed turbo last night had a good feeling thought i could make some thin happen here. On the 3rd hand of hte tourney, I flat call a raise pre with KK and the flop comes A4J. Not a good start!! About 10 minutes in, I get the classic AA vs KK cooler and I double to about 4k. Lets goooo!

Then bad timing I call a raise in the bb with QJ flop comes A77 two diamonds. He bets 200 I raise to 620 thinkin he can only come along with an A. HE calls. not sure what to think. Turn is a K and I push him all in he has 1100 left. He time banks to two seconds and calls with KJ of diamonds. Brutal turn I doubt he's calling with a naked flush draw. No river miracle an I'm back to where I started lame!

Ok so then I get into all in or fold mode as per usual in a turbo. I get it in with 55 against AQ and hold. Then in a blind vs blind, I get it in with J10 on a J 5h 2h board against 43hh. Dodge every out in the deck to double again.

I have about 3600 blinds at 200 400 when I shove with 88 and get called in late position. Not good. He flips 99 and hits a set on the flop and I'm out.

So yea obviously disappointed in the ftops, especially when you consider that a min cash in one of these is more then most mid stakes final table finishes up to 5th place. But what can you do. Still alot of poker in the next month. The weekend of August 22nd I have at least 5 10k freerolls for ftops stuff, so hopefully I can make a deep run in those. And in September I'm in 12 min ftops rite now, but that could change depending on potential work. Tomorrow, I'm off to VEGASSS Will post a full recap on Monday. thanks for reading guys.

0 Responses "0/4 in the FTOPS this time"