I knew he would try to give me his chips!!

tayke2 On 12:55 AM

Last night I played the first of at least 4 ftops events. It was event one a 200 buy in with a 1 million guarantee. Started it with 5k in chips. My starting table was pretty weak and I was able to build a good stack before losing to a guy who had been playing at me all night. Here's the update.

I won a few pots early. One with AK where i flopped top pair and check raised a guy. Then had AA bust 66 for my first ko to get up to 7675 at the hour break. Got it up to 9295 when I lost a few pots, mainly to this one guy dukeblows333 I think. He was playing at me the whole nite, raising my blinds, calling my preflop raises and trying to out play me on the flop. I knew if I got a big hand I'd be able to take alot of chips from him. Once I had 99 and flopped top set, I bet reallly small praying he'd raise but he folded ughhhhh.

Then with an 8k stack, I raise with 99 in the sb. The big stack is in my bb and he 3 bets I take 2 seconds and snap push he snap calls! He flips AK and we're off to the races. Flop comes 754 two hearts. Turn 3 of hearts he has A of hearts terribleeee card! River J of clubs bam up to 16k.

Built the stack up to 19k then had it knocked down to about 13k when this hand happened. i had KK in my bb, and as per usual, duke puts in just above a min raise to 1375 blinds at 300 600. Against ANY other player at the table, I 3 bet or go all in ,but against him, I call knowing he'll play at me. The flop comes 1034 one club. I check, again against everyone else i bet, and he checks. Lame I was hoping to check raise there. The turn comes a 6 of clubs two clubs on board. I bet 2k he thinks 2 seconds and ships it in for my even stack! I think half a second and call all in he flips A3 of clubs. No A, 3, or club and I have 26k. River...3 of hearts.

Its so frustrating because i had the guy freakin pegged I KNEWWWW he was gonna play at me thats why I slowpalyed the heck out of the hand. I coulda raised preflop and taken it down there, but I wanted to get maximum value out of the hand. Oh well. LOTTT of tournaments in the near future. Here's a breakdown

Saturday: Bronze iron man
Sunday: 256 6 handed ko
Monday: 216 HA
Tuesday: turbo 6 handed

Also have 3 10k freerolls the weekend of the 22nd. And I've registered for 6 of the mini ftops events in September. Hope to hit it big soon! Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "I knew he would try to give me his chips!!"