March Madness Thoughts

tayke2 On 11:46 AM

After the best two days in sports, we are down to 32 teams in the NCAA tournament. And there are alot of teams that are impressing(mid majors and Pac 10) and those that are disappointing(Big East). Here are a few of my thoughts on each region.

Midwest

Seriously Georgetown? SERIOUSLY?! Its one thing to have a close game and lose at the end, but its another thing to be absolutely dominated by a team that went 7-9 in their conference and had to run the table as a 9 seed in their tournament. This could go down as one of the most embarrassing games in recent memory. They didn't even show up. Maryland looked very solid against Houston, and with Michigan State's struggles, I like their chances. And Georgia Tech could be very dangerous.

West

Murray State probably provided the new buzzer beater to be seen for a long time to come. Good for them, but for some reason, in one of my brackets, I had Vandy in the elite 8. Lame. And quite a game between BYU and Florida they could give K State some trouble.

East

Wake killed me with that last second shot. I had Texas beating Kentucky in the next round. Keep an eye on that next game I think Kentucky is pretty vulnerable they are maybe the most talented team in the nation but they are also the youngest and cockiest. Could be a tough combination. Also very impressive showing by Cornell they could very well knock off a Wisconsin team that will not be able to outscore Cornell in a shootout.

South

Old Dominion played incredible defense to shut down potential All American Luke Harangody. They could give my final 4 pick Baylor alot of trouble in the next round. And Villanova laid a giant egg against Robert Morris and they should have lost. The refs really blew that jump ball call in overtime the ref who called the jump ball and backed down needs to grow some balls and call the game evenly. St Mary's is looking very good right now they could be this year's George Mason.


The rest of the weekend should be a great one and I can't wait. Tomorrow I will be playing 3 mini ftops events. The 26 buck 6 handed KO, the 20 buck omaha heads up, then the big one, the 50 buck main event. As always I'll be tweeting updates at my twitter tayke2. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "March Madness Thoughts"