Wacky and Wild Tournament

tayke2 On 3:43 PM

So today I finished 2nd in the 50 buck heads up tournament. This was a tournament that really bothered me for a long time. I had probably play it about 15-20 times and only made the money once or twice. But now something has clicked and I've been playing really well. I've made the finals twice in a week(granted I lost both of the finals) but still its a great feeling. Today's tournament was CRAZY. Here are some of the details.

This tournament doesn't get a ton of people. Usually no more then 64 and today was no different it got 61. My first round match was uneventful and I won pretty quickly. Then my round of 32 match was short but interesting. On like the 4th hand with a slight lead, I 3 bet preflop to 500 after he raised to 120 I had AQss. He called and the flop was J108. I shoved all in, and he called with AJ. Nice call pre sir can't beat anything I'm 3 betting that big with. The turn blanked but the river gave me a Q and I was on to the round of 16, the round before the money. This match was one of the most frustrating I've ever had.

Ok so after getting the player down to about 900 from his starting 1500 stack, we get it all in pre flop my AK vs his KQ. The flop comes Q high, and he sucks out to double. We get back to even, he actually had me by 120, when this hand occurred. He min raised the button and I 3 bet with 55. He shoved, and I called and he showed AK. The flop was a beautiful KQ5, and I turned quads for good measure. So gg to him right! Well like i said he had 120 left blinds were at 60 120. Well next hands I'm in the big blinds with....AA! He calls all in with 109. Flop comes Q95. Turn 8. River J. Straight is good for him. Whatever, still only has 240. He doubles on the next hand. I forget details I think it was like J5 vs Q7. Next hand he shoves with J8 and I called with KJ. Flop comes 854. SERIOUSLYYY?!?!?! The turn comes a 6 and river 7, so we chop with a straight on board. But still come on! So the next hand I shove with K5 and he wakes up with 99 and holds. So now we are back to 1600 for me 1400 for him. Well I shove like 6 hands in a row and get him down to 700 when I shove with K4 and he shows....99 again!!! And he holds again. Well now I'm behind and can't believe my luck. Then after a few more hands, I shove with A3 and he wakes up with JJ! I only have 240 left so if I lose I'm basically doneso. I am cursing my luck when the beautiful Ace comes on the turn, and all I can think is justice.

I win my round of 8 and round of 4 match without much opposition. As I wait for my final match, I pull up the other one and see that Full Tilt Pro Michael Craig has the lead in the other. And as I pull up the match, he is all in ahead and wins and suddenly I'm sitting at the final table with him! He declines a chop saying he's preparing for the mini ftops heads up on Sunday, and we play on. He jumps out to an early lead, and I'm down to about 800. I battle my way back, playing patiently and making good bets, and suddenly I have him down to just 800. Then after I make a standard button raise, he shoves and I call with A7. He shows 33 and we have a flip for the title! The board blanks out for me and he doubles. We play pretty evenly when he 3 bets me all in after I raise with K10. I folded. 4 hands later, he once again 3 bets me all in and I once again have K10. I made a slightly frustrated call, and he shows A10. Lame. I can't suck out, and he beats me. After he says "gg very tough match." Whether it was or not, it was nice to hear. GG sir.

Well its been a good day for me. This morning, I won a 26 buck 90 person KO for 600 after knockouts, and cashed out 350 for my efforts. I got 610 for my showing in the heads up, and I'm currently 2nd with 17 to go in the 30 buck turbo. I'll tweet my result later. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Wacky and Wild Tournament"