Sports Hodgepodge

tayke2 On 3:04 PM

So my gf astutely pointed out that I haven't posted about sports that aren't poker in quite some time, so here are my thoughts on a few random things.

Last night, my Terps knocked off their biggest rivals, the Duke Blue Devils, 79-72. Maryland has been playing some of the best ball in the country, knocking off 7 straight ACC opponents, including last nights victory. The Terps were led by ACC player of the year favorite Greivis Vasquez, who has been playing out of his mind in recent games, and is cementing himself as one of the best Terrapins of all time. Here was a great article on espn about him. Check it out.

The NFL draft is fast approaching, and it will be a welcome break for me of all the soon to be constant baseball coverage now that spring training has started. Seriously didn't the season end just like 2 weeks ago?! A video came out today of a freak athlete from South Florida Jason Pierre Paul. I had honestly never heard of him before, but apparently he's a top 10 pick who is drawing comparison to the great Dwight Freeney. Here he shows off his incredible athleticism. Enjoy.



Poker is going pretty well. Had more deep runs yesterday that fell just short. It was turbo night on ftp so I played the 10 buck with rebuys and the 26 six handed KO. Got 32nd in the 10 buck for 73 with first getting like 3500, and got 20th in the 6 handed for 128 with first getting 5k. Lame!! Playing two events in the winning o the green next Weds. I'll post more details later. Thanks for reading

0 Responses "Sports Hodgepodge"