Upcoming Events

tayke2 On 1:57 PM

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I haven't been running extremely well on Full Tilt recently, plus I've been busy with Jury Duty. But I'm back and playing well just this morning I shipped the 10 buck heads up for 340 to get me back on track, and the timing couldn't be better, as there are 3 great events coming up on Full Tilt.

The first one is the Mini FTOPS, which starts tomorrow and runs through the following Sunday. I was only able to play one FTOPS event this year, and I made a decent run, cashing for about 350. I will be playing a handful of mini ftops event I believe, starting with tomorrow's 20 buck kick off event. I might also play the 33 buck super turbo in the afternoon. Keep a track of my twitter @tayke2 to find out how I am doing.

Also coming up in the month of June is the eagerly anticipated World Series Of Poker. Now while I doubt I'll be playing in any of the events, Full Tilt runs a couple cool promotions that I love to take part of. One is Fantasy Poker, where you pick 15 pros from a list you are given and assign them to each tournament. The concept is simple, the better your players do, the more points you get. The top 1000 points getters get entry to a freeroll, one of which I was able to win last year from 150 bucks I think. The big prize however, is for the people who make the final tables of the freerolls. Those people are entered into an exclusive freeroll, where the winner gets entry to the 2011 WSOP main event. Last year, I got knocked out around 109th, so hoping I can improve upon that.

Also during the WSOP is the Mini series of Poker, which basically is a series of tournaments that are identical to the WSOP, except that they are 1/100th of the buy in. So if the WSOP is running a 1500 no limit event, FTP is running a 15 buck NL Event. Now the MSOP is big for me because it represents the tournament that got away. Anytime you are talking to a poker player, they all have the "tournament that got away" or the "what could have been tournament". For me, this was the 2008 MSOP main event. 100 dollar buy in, about 5k people, and with 45 left, I was 3rd in chips. I ended up getting all in pre flop with 55 against AK for about half my stack. The flop and turn blanked out, but the river was an ugly King. Had I won the pot, I would have been top 2 with 5 tables left. As it was, I was down to about 20th, and got KOed in 29th, when my 10 10 lost to AJ thanks to a turned Jack. I got about 1500 for that showing, with first getting 73,000 bucks. Still stings today.

When I finalize my schedule, I will post the events here, but as always, @tayke2 on twitter is the easiest way to follow my progress. Tomorrow I will be posting my 2nd installment of "5 random thoughts". Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Upcoming Events"