Couple Big Results here's a recap

tayke2 On 11:15 AM

Ok so on Sunday I decided to try to play alot of poker it had been a long time since I had played on Sunday and all the big tourneys are on that day. I dropped about 50 bucks trying to satellite into the 750k and just gave up after a while. Played the double deuce with no result and played a couple other tournaments with nothing. After w while i registered for the 5 buck with rebuys on a whim. The main reason I decided to register for this was because it was a handed tournament, which are by far my favorite tournaments.

The first hour produced little pots for me I chipped up to about 6k before losing 4k of it back I forget the hand. I end up doubling up late with AK I believe and add on to give me about 6500 which isn't much at all when u consider that a person can go broke on the last hand before rebuys end, rebuy twice and add on, and have 5k. I wasn't very worried however considering the 3 buck rebuy tournament I won I didn't double once and had that 5k stack going into the 2nd hour.

Ok so it was a few days ago I don't really remember too many pots. The main thing was I was always the preflop aggressor. I prob won about 100 hands with preflop raises its so important to have preflop aggression in 6 handed play. I managed to work my way up to a huge stack 2nd in chips at around 100k with about 150 people left. Unfortunately the number one stack was obviously two spots to my left. However, he was being overly aggressive and I knew I could trap him for a huge pot. That happened when I picked up the 22, a hand that actually was my favorite hand in this tournament lol. I limped and called his raise and the flop cane KQ2 rainbow. YAHTZEEE!!! I decide to just check call the flop. The turn brings a 9 he bets huge I put in a smallish raise and he goes all in. Despite his aggression, I was ready to curse the gods when he flipped up J10 but instead he just had AK and was drawing dead. From there I was in a zone. On three separate occasions, I three bet post flop on complete air one of them being against a guy half my stack I bet and reraised him with K high on a J high board. I was just feeling it and for once people were folding!

So I get up to about 250k when I get moved and wouldn't' u know it I got the big stack again at my table. Things go by until about 27 people are left i have about 9th in chips but am going card dead. Then the biggest hand of the tournament happens we are at 14 people I have like 7th in chips. I raise with JJ and a guy who barely has me covered three bets to 100k we both have about 350k. I had a feeling I was beat but certainly wasn't folding. I push and he snap calls with KK! I yell FUCK! Until the flop comes AJ2!! COME ON! turn and river blank and I double to third in chips. Down to two tables I raise with 33 guy for about 25% of my stack pushes I cal I have him dominated he has 22!! I hold and am chip leader with 11 to go.

I chip down to about 4th in chips with 7 to go. I have the leader and by far most aggressive player at my table he's three betting alot and I try to avoid him. On the final table bubble he raises my bb I have 1010 and three bet he thinks for about 2.1 seconds and puts me all in. I didn't think I had him dominated and didn't' wanna race when I could sit at 3rd in chips with 6 to go so I fold. I kinda regret that fold now given his aggressive play but what can you do.

The final table was sadly fairly anti climatic. With the guy to my left(he went on to win) it was tough to steal blinds he three bet me three times and only once could I look him up. We get to three handed, and I'm the short stack with 500k blinds 25k 50k. He raises and I have AK and insta shove he insta calls with AA! Just my luck. No huge suckout and I get 3rd for 1500. I was upset at first but then realized i shoulda been out in 13th with the JJ hand so I couldn't' complain.

Last night i got 8th in the turbo fiddy. Had 99 vs AJ in a race for the chip lead with 18 to go and he rivered a J. Chipped back up before calling a late position all in with A10 he had AJ gg to me. 8th for 500 first got 5k so alittle disappointed.

On Sunday, I revisit one of my poker demons. Sunday is the msop main event. Last year, I was 3rd in chips with 45 to play when I got in a race with 55 for half my stack against AK. The board bricks out till the river when he spikes a K. I woulda been the chip leader. I end up losing another flip on the turn and get KOed in 29th for 1500 bucks, First got 73k. It still haunts me today. I can try to exercise the demons on Sunday. Wish me luck!

0 Responses "Couple Big Results here's a recap"