Two cashes in 3 days...yet so dissapointed.

tayke2 On 12:22 AM

So I cashed in both tournaments at the bike and yet since they were both min cashes I feel empty inside. Here's a full recap of the sunday holdem 120 buy in got 317 27 paid first payout 215 first get 11k.

Ok so for the first hour or so I couldn't get anything going. Felt like a donkey just calling everything preflop and check folding but not much else I could do had playable cards but not great cards. I was knocked down to about 10 big blinds when I doubled up with 99 against AJ. As would become an all too familiar scene, I would lose about half of these chips and get into all in or fold mode. This happened for about 4 hours lol.

First time i had 97 of diamonds in the bb. The flop came 1098 two diamonds. Yahtzee! An early limper bets and I just called. The turn was a 3 and again he bet. I just called, even though I'm pretty sure I could have gotten him to fold to a raise. There was also one other caller on a side note. The river missed all my outs bringing a 10 and the guy bets out 3k. I couldn't beat anything but a bluff, but I call and he flips A10. Pretty sure I could have gotten him to fold with an all in on the turn horribly played by me.

So later on I win another coin flip this time with 99 against AK. And again...I donk it all away. I have 107 in the bb with the flop of 1086 all spades. I check call the flop. Turn is a brick and I lead out and get called by the most aggressive player at the table. River is the A of spades. I check like an idiot he slides out a bet for half my stack and I fold like a little girl. Unless he has a face card spade he's folding another hand I played horribly.

So another hour of waiting and I double again this time with 66 against A8. But more orbits and more folds and I'm short stack again. This time I get it in with AA against A8 and hold and finally have some breathing room. Only to get short stacked AGAIN!

I get moved to another table with what I'm guessing was the big stack on my button's big blind. Great there goes the blind short stack shove on the button! I shove weak in late position once and don't get called. Then after an early limp I push about 12 bb's in there with A4 to try and pick it up. The big stack thinks for a solid 2 minutes and I'm trying to act like stone. HE folds and so does the other guy. After debating whether to call, one guy commented "I didn't see a bead of sweat on his forehead" Good to know I have a decent poker face! So once against mostly playing all in or fold picked up another pot with my now favorite hand 99 utg. Then a huge double up I push with QQ against a big stack raise and he SNAP calls with 33 lol. I hold and finally have a good size stack think 20k with blinds at 200 400. I get moved and get 3 betted immediately on my first hand lame! Couple orbits and same guy catches me bluffing the flop. Uh oh either he has a tell on me or he's a card rack. I pick up a small pot then pick up about 6k when a short stack shoves with QJ and I call with KQ.

So from here I play pretty tite from 6 tables to the final three only really picking up a couple pots with 1010 and K10. Then the money hits and I'm bout an even stack. We redraw tables, and I get moved from that table in about 5 minutes lol. Then the fateful hand. I'm in the bb with about 45k. Blinds are at 1500 3000. The cuttoff position with about 70k raises to 10k. The button puts in a 3 bet of about 22k. I look down at AK! Yahtzee and fuck at the same time lol. My gut tells me that the button raise is really weak. A small raise in position just seemed fishy. But my outer body was writing in pain a big mistake on my part basically eliminating AA or KK unless I was a hollywood superstar lol. I finally decide to shove for 22k more. The cutoff folds and the button goes into the tank. Sweet no snap call! He says I caught him but after doing the math he calls and shows QJ. Man I reallllllly wanted to take it down there. Flop comes a great 994. Turn is an ugly 10. If I can dodge a K Q J or 8 I have 90k and am a top five stack. River...Q of spades. Out in 23rd. Both of us remained totally silent after the hand, I think More stunned then excited or disappointed. The walk to my car was one of the longest and loneliest walks Ive ever had. I was that close to a 4 figure pay day and maybe even a 5 figure one. So sick

All and all it was an incredible weekend. I cashed in what was for me by far the toughest tournament I've ever played in. We will see what the future holds for me, but I think it will be a good one.

On an online note, I played in 4 heads up tournament today. In the morning I was out in the 2nd round of the 10 buck. In the 2 buck, I made it all the way to the finals only to get 2nd for 80 bucks. In the five buck, I lost in the first round. Then in the only non turbo one, I shipppppppped the 20 buck heads it for 658. I'll post a recap tomorrow when I get around to it. Overall on the day: 14-3 on the day. Not bad :)

0 Responses "Two cashes in 3 days...yet so dissapointed."