A Long Overdue Win

tayke2 On 12:47 AM

On Monday night I won my first ever heads up multi. I had probably played in about 150 of these things ranging from 2 bucks to 50 bucks and had made it to the final 4 or 8 at least 15 times but I finally broke through and won the 20 buck for 658 just hours after reaching the finals in the 2 buck only to fall just short here's a recap.

Ok tournament got 94 players and I had a first round bye. In the round of 64 I jumped out to an early two to one chip lead but let him back in and actually had to suck out to survive sadly I don't remember the hand.

The round of 32 was a rare occurrence in that my opponent was a no show, even though he had clearly won his first round match to get there. My guess is maybe he had a sudden errand to run? In general, I tend to be content with raising blinds and chipping away if my opponent isn't there, save for a few exceptions. If the player has a disconnect, I will give them 5 minutes to come back, especially if we are in the money. I feel like then, they've earned the right to play it out. However, if it becomes a consistent disconnect, I tend not to be so kind. But no disconnect here, just a plain no show and I'm on to the sweet 16.

The round before the money is always a tense one. I do my best to not tighten u i nthis round, though pulling that bluff is definitely alittle harder. However, I had to do alot of that in the next match, and it was by far the best I've ever played. It was one of those matches where I had to sit on my hands and wait for a big hand as my opponent min raised and continuation bet everytime he had the button. Sadly though, I didn't hit a freakin flop for 10 minutes, so I had to bluff like crazy to simply survive. Finally I hit a couple flops, and had the guy short drawing to 2 outs after the flop and I held. To the elite 8 we go!

Don't remember much about the elite 8. I know I had to battle from behind, and I remember on the big hand I flopped top pair and bet aggressively, and he stuck around with a flush draw. I shoved the turn and he stuck around and he missed so I got to the final 4.

Being that this was a non turbo, the last two matches flew by! After begging to flop a pocket pair set all tournament I finally got it with 22 on a 652 flop. I check and he pot bet I called. River Q made 3 spades on board. He pot bet and I pushed and he insta called I thought for sure I was dead but he flipped 65! And I held and went to the finals.

In the finals I was down early but battled it up to even when I called a raise with 106 suited. The flop was 1096 yahtzee! I check called his bet. The turn was a King and we get it in he shows KQ. No K,Q,J, or 9 and the title mind. River is a 3!!

Ship the 658 and the first great feeling the big breakthrough I needed to get my bankroll rolling again. A very long weekend but very rewarding. Kinda tired haven't played poker in two days and am pretty content. More updates coming.

0 Responses "A Long Overdue Win"