First three Mini Ftops events: All over in under 90 minutes!

tayke2 On 6:15 PM

Well The title sums it up I have had absolutely 0 luck in my first three mini ftops events. In Event #1 22 buy in 5k in starting chips. 30 minutes in and not much luck when I call a raise in the bb with 22. Flop comes A82 yahtzee! I check call a bet of 300. Turn was 5 two diamonds on board I check again he checks was hoping to check raise there. Then river brings a 7 of diamonds. I bet 600 he raises to 1800. Ugh runner runner flush? Thats about all it could be but I can't fold. I call he flips A9 of diamonds. Lame. That knocked me down to 2k blinds at 50 100. I raise with A10 and after being 3 bet I pushed all in he called with 66 and held. Out in about 10,000. Lame

Event 2 was the 33 buck 6 handed shootout I really thought that I had a good shot to at least win the first table and go from there. My table turned out very interesting, as two people sat out. There was an early ko when two players rivered flushes, with the higher winner obviously. Then I ran a bluff with a K high flush draw into turned trip 10's. Then after another bluff the same guy knocks out the last player at the table when they both flop a flush. So now I have 1k, the other has 11k, and there are two sitters. Understandably, the guy raises every single hand. I double to 1800 with A3 against K4. Then after more folding, I get it in with A8 against 55 for a shot at 3600 and maybe a shot at taking down the juggernaut. Flop comes A79. Yahtzee!! Turn was an 8. River 6. Straight for him. Out in 20 minutes. LAME

Event 3 the 22 buck 1 rebuy 1 add on. I was hoping to get a double up early and save the rebuy. And I thought I would do just that. After a mid position limper, I check in the bb with 62. The flop comes Q62 yahtzee! I bet 40. The limper raises to 190. At this point, I'm 1000% sure he has KQ, QJ, or Q10. Raising with a set makes no sense, and doubt he's limping with K6 or K2. So I repop it to 600. He thinks for a few seconds and min raises to pretty much go all in. I know I'm ahead, snap call, and he flips KQ. Turn is a blank river.....Q. Figures. Guy puts 100 bbs in there with top pair and gets rewarded. Oh well. I rebuy. I raise with AJ bb calls. Flop comes AQ2. I bet he calls. Turn J I bet he raises. Only hand that has me beat as play is K10 but wouldn't think he woulda called on an A high flop. I reraise all in. I was wrong. K10. Out 20 minutes in lol.

The losses aren't a hit to my bankroll but still disappointing especially since i'm on a team repoping Cali. hopefully next week goes better. It'll start monday with the 22 buck HA and I'm gonna play the 109 holdem Monday night. I also won a 26 ko last nite for 600, so the roll is doing fine. Hopefully next week goes well. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "First three Mini Ftops events: All over in under 90 minutes!"