More of the same in the Mini Ftops

tayke2 On 10:46 PM

I said in a previous post that at the end of every mtt I don't win, I feel either disappointed or upset. Today, I feel a different feeling. Disheartened. This is so because I feel like I played nearly at the top of my game, only to fall very hard just before the money in my two biggest events of the day: the 50 50 and the 109 mini ftops, along with losing a HUGEEEE pot early that would have put me in control in the 22 ha Mini ftops. Cue the tiny violins lol.

22 ha mini ftops. Start with 5k in chips. I thought it mite be another 30 minute knock out when I got into a huge pot in the 1st session of omaha. I raised preflop with AQ107 with the AQ of diamonds. The flop comes a monster J92 with two diamonds. I bet and get min raised. I decided to just call to keep the pot small. The turn is gin 8 for the nut straight. The guy bets and I raise pot to 3200 he almost immediately moves all in. Expecting a freerol chop, he flips not Q10 but top set JJ. Gotta dodge the board pairing, and I do just that to jump to 11k very early!

I make a good play with 66 in the holdem section to get up to 15k. I get knocked back down to 10k in omaha when the fateful hand comes up. I raise standard in ep with AAQ10. I get two callers, and the flop comes A76. I decide to bet out and I get raised pot. Praying for a under set, I shove all in and he calls with the absolute worst possible hand ever in this spot. 10985 for a hugeeee straight draw. I need to dodge 10,9,8,5, or 4. Q on the turn and I'm one card from 20k with blinds at 25 50. River...8. Sick. down to 700 lol. I bust two hands later with AA preflop my opponent flops a flush. Yet another early ko, so sick cause I almost had 200 bbs.

Moving on to the 50 50. I'll keep this short. I played really solid and tite aggressive the whole tournament. I was in the top 20% for a good portion before getting knocked down to about 200th with 300 left. 180 get paid. I raised with A8 blinds at 200 400 I had 5k. The flop came A34 two hearts. I bet 1200 guy raised me all in and I snap call he shows KQ of hearts. So no heart and I have 12k. Turn blank river 4 of hearts. Another river loss. Knocked out 100 from money. Oh well.

Most disheartening was the big tourney tonite the 109 mini ftops event. We started out with 6k in chips and I was down to 3800 after literally 5 hands lol. One missed bluff and one tough river that hit both of us. But I got it back over 6k in a few hands and managed to get it up to about 8k when a big hand comes up. I raise with AQ of spades. I get 3 bet by a very aggressive big stack. I flat call flop comes J92 two spades. I get 2k leaving 4 behind and he shoves all in. He shows...107 of spades. No 10, 8, 7 and I get 15k. I dodge them and win the big pot. I get down to 10k when the same guy doubled me with KK vs Q10. I work it up to about 30k mostly raise and take it preflops. I make a good play with QJ I 3 bet preflop on the button with QJ and he calls. I bet half the pot on a 9 high flop and he folds. Whewwww.

With about 20k, I raise pre with KJ with blinds at 250 500 I raise to 1500. The same aggressive guy shoves for 10k. Against anyone else I fold, but I decided to call and he flips 33. He wins the coin flip though woulda loved to have gotten that one. Later on, I raise with AJ and get 3 bet all in and I got alittle frustrated admittedly and called. I'm pretty sure the guy was an online regular and hadn't gotten out of line the entire time. Its a call I should never make, but I did and he flipped up AK. I got lucky and flopped a J and survived but I defintely wasn't proud.

Then the bustout hand. I get knocked down to about 14k blinds at 500 1000. A stack with 500 more chips then me raises to 2850. I shove with 88, and the guy goes into the tank. At this point my guess is 77 or AJ. He tanks for 30 seconds and calls with...A9?! I mean there's really nothin he ever beats there, especially for his entire stack. There's a small chance I'm doing it with KQ but still. Lame. Well the flop comes J high. Turn is a blank. River....9. Worst way to lose tha crappy coin flip. Out in 700th, 300 from the money in a 3700 person field

I feel like except for a few exceptions, I really played close to my A game. And to get knocked out the way i did in the last two was pretty lame. I woudla rather lost with the AJ and lose on a mistake then to lose to a bad call with A9 but what can you do. I still got alot of events coming up. Tomorrow was the 22 buck 6 handed turbo and a 55 buck horse tomorrow. Hope my luck can turn around. I'm definitely due.

0 Responses "More of the same in the Mini Ftops"