Full Vegas Recap!!

tayke2 On 4:17 PM

Ok so I went to Vegas this week with a bunch of friends and we had an awesome time!! I'll do my best to provide a full recap but I'm sure there will be a couple things I forget. So we get in Saturday afternoon at around 3 o clock and spend most the afternoon exploring treasure island and the Ceaser's shops which were really cool. We had dinner at TI that night and it was great and then we spent the night doing more exploring and such so didn't do any gambling that night.

The next day I decide to continue the tradition that Chad and Platt had and went to Bally's to bet on some horses since I did well last time. Not much luck this time around I had 25 bucks I won in blackjack at Oshea's so I spent the money on this. Had 4 races where I wasn't really close then it looked like I had a score on the last race. I had 3 bucks on a 22 to 1 horse and it pulled out to a huge lead on the home stretch. No more then 10 yards from the end the horse practically pulled up!!! and ended up just short so that was a downer. Decided to go up and play some roulette. After coming up with like 4 or 5 different strategies in the past that sucked I decided to just put 3 bucks down on 10 numbers and 10 on a column of twelve and pray. Well sure enough, the ball lands on 23 (my gf's b-day) and I win 105 dollars! That made it alittle better.

Later on we go to the MGM Grand and me and my friend mikey decide to play some 1/2 holdem. I realized about 10 minutes in how bored I've become to live cash games after running 4 to 5 tables at once online. Anyways, I end up playing like 5 hands in one hour but got a huge score. Facing a raise to 10 and 2 callers, I look down at AA and raise it up to 40 leaving me about 35 left. I had KK earlier in the same spot and moved in, causing 2 folds, so I wanted to keep some people in this time. I get 2 callers, one from a new player who turned out to be loose/bad and another player who had burned through about 350 in 20 minutes. So the flop comes a harmless 834. I go all in and both call. The turn and river come 7 and 2 and I'm 99% sure I'm good. Sure enough I show AA and both players muck. I cash out at 260 up 180 from my original buy in.

From there we get dinner at my favorite place in Vegas, the Burger bar in Mandalay Bay. I get the amazing Hawaiian Chicken Sandwhich...delicious. That night we go clubbing and I gamble some more with moderate success. The next morning I play a 65 buck daily tournament at MGM Grand with 5 friends of mine, including my gf Kristal who I staked. As expected the structure is awful with 2k in chips and blinds starting at 25 50 going up every 20 minutes. So after an hour of play its all in or fold essentially. I double up on a weird hand with blinds at 100 200 I pick up 22 in 2nd position I raise to 600 and get a call in the BB. The flop comes 975 and he checks to me. I bet 1000, leaving 1350 behind, thinking he has high cards. He takes about 15 seconds and calls. The turn brings a 6, meaning a 9765 board. He checks and I go all in, thinking I'm bluffing. He thinks for about 1 minute or so, and I'm guessing he's pondering a call with A7 or A6 or something. He calls, and he shows....AQ?!?! I hold and get up to 5.5k.

On a side note, the best moment of the trip happened during this tournament. At Kristal's table, there is the BIGGEST TOOL I have ever seen. Bare in mind this is a 65 DOLLAR DAILY TOURNAMENT. This guy is wearing a WSOP hat, Oakley shades, and boom box head phones....at a daily tournament. My dream is for kristal to knock him out , and sure enough I look over to see him standing up and her collecting alot of chips. As it turns out, it was a pretty sick suck out (all in on flop of 977 he had 97 she had Q7 Q on river) but he had it coming. Such a tool lol. Anyways, I end up lasting the longest, but finished a table short of the money, having to push all in for 3800 with 400 800 blinds with J10 of spades. I get called by AQ of diamonds..flop comes J53 with 2 diamonds, and the turn brings the K of diamonds, and I'm drawing dead. Oh well.

So from there I gamble some roulette and my system wins again, as I win 100 dollars when it hits 12 (thanks Chad!). After that we get dinner at a nice japanese restaurant at MGM. Then Kristal and I go to Mystere at TI, fantastic show, 9.5 out of 10 and the best show I've seen of the kind. That night we mostly chill since people were tired I actually end up losing a couple hundo playing blackjack and roulette. So overall I actually end up breaking even on gambling so much better then I have done in the past. Aight so ends the epic that is this post. Probably giving an update this coming Sunday as my gf leaves for Hong Kong for the semester :( so I'll have some time to run some online multis. Thanks for reading .

2 Responses "Full Vegas Recap!!"

  1. Congrats on the AA score!

    If you are interested in horses at all you should check out my handicapping videos (http://www.davesdime.com)

    So sick just a minute ago...

    Pokerstars:
    180 person $22 tourney...

    6 players left, I'm in 3rd with 43,000 chips, blinds 3000/1500...

    I'm 2nd to act with AK suited... 1st to act (55,000 chips) raises to 9000, I call, everyone else folds.

    Flop comes 7 K 8 rainbow.

    He bets 15,000, I raise all in, he calls and flips over KQ

    Turn Q.

    This one will hurt for a while. I was playing excellent poker and with the commanding chip lead I would have had should have finished in the top 3 at least for $488, $720, or $1080...

    Just $180 for me today.

  2. tayke2 says:

    Ouch dude I know the feeling. Keep it up man u'll get the big score soon enough.