Life and Poker

tayke2 On 2:14 AM

Ok this post is a bit of a 2 parter. Life is taking a bit of a turn for me right now. For starters, classes start..well today so no longer can I lounge around and chill which is never fun but I'm still looking forward to the challenges up ahead. The start of the school year also means the start of FOOTBALL SEASON. Really pumped been looking forward to the OSU game for a while now and its jsut around the corner.

Lastly, the biggest change in my life right now is the departure of my girlfriend Kristal to Hong Kong. She'll be studying abroad there for the semester so I won't c her till January. I'm def. pretty bummed about her leaving, but I know how much she wanted to go and how excited she was to go so I'm happy she's getting to experience it and can't wait to see her in a few months. She has a blog for her asian adventures at spacegirl352.blogspot.com. Check it out

Now onto what you people really care about, poker!!! jk Kristal. Ok well last I left off I wasn't feeling online poker too much and its still affecting me a bit. I was expecting to run a handful of multi's today, but I ended up only playing a couple 26 KO's and my favorite tournament on FTP, the 10 buck 6 handed they run like 2 or 3 times in the morning and at night respectively.

I like these tournaments for a handful of reasons. The fields are very manageable, usually anyways from 80 to 200 people, and most of them are fairly soft. I've made at least 4 final tables and have a win under my belt in theses. 6 handed play is my favorite because it benefits a tight aggressive player like myself, and also emphasizes late position stealing preflop, which I'm a huge fan of!!! Because in a 6 handed game, even if you are the first person to act, u only need 5 folds as opposed to 8 which is huge in poker.

Anyways, the 26 KO's didn't go well but the 6 handed was a fun one. I really didn't get out of line too much I pretty much made standard plays stealing blinds twice an orbit and getting it in when i have the best of it. On my way to having the chip lead at the start of the final table, I really only got out of line twice. Once, I played back at a constant overbetter with mid pair when he had top pair and got lucky on the river. Then trying to pound the final table bubble, I risked about half my stack on a str8 draw against top pair and hit it.

So entering the final table, I have about 48k next closest stack has around 32k and short is at 17k with blinds at 300 600 so ALOT OF PLAY TO BE HAD. I get off to a horrible start losing over half my stack in about 10 mins. First I made a bad call preflop with A10 and folded to a rag flop. Then I went with a read after calling a raise with 55 then getting reraised all in. He had alittle less then half my stack and I felt they were splitting high cards. He had AJ and flopped a J and suddenly I was the short stack (the other guy said later he folded A3 oh well.) Then after a failed bluff attempt I was left with just 8k with blinds at 400 800 and 5 people left. I doubled with QQ vs A9 then doubled again big to get back to 45k when I get it all in with A9 on a 922 board against 44. After being chipped down to 25k I call a preflop raise with 77 and see a flop of 854. I bet 3100 and get raised to 12k. I had a bad feeling but he was the big stack and had been being a bully. I push and he snap calls with 1010. No 7 or 6 for me and I'm out in a disappointing 5th for 86 bucks. Good run overall but i really felt I could have taken it down. Ok that does it for me thanks for reading guys. Should have more reports coming.

0 Responses "Life and Poker"