Full recap of the Commerce Tourney

tayke2 On 8:33 PM

Ok played in a 300 buy in tourney with 307 people. 36 paid didn't see what first got paid. I started off really hot with a great first table but once my first table got broke up I didn't get much going. Here are the big hands I remember.

We started with 3k in chips and on the 3rd hand I was already down to 2500 after tryin to get tricky with 75 suited. With blinds at 25 25 I made it 125 with QQ. Guy right to my left made it 600 to go and it folded around to me. I thought about going all in but wasn't too keen on going broke in 3 hands so I just called. Flop comes Q72 with two spades. YAHTZEE. I check and guy bets 800 I do the terrible move of min raising 800 more leaving just 400 behind. He pushes and I snap call he shows AK of spades for the flush draw ABSOLUTE WORST HAND HE COULD HAVE. I dodge the 9 outs and I double to 5.2k right off the bat.

I picked up alot of big hands without much action, AK KK JJ etc. Then I call a 100 raise with Q8 of clubs on the button. Flop comes 1052 two hearts. Guy just bets 10 and I raise to 350 thinkin he's got nothin but he calls. Turn 4 of clubs and I have a draw he pushes for 625 I announced that I didn't' have anything until that. I call and bam club on the river.

Later on I raised with 99 and got two callers include a real calling station type guy. The flop came 975 two clubs yahtzee! It checked to me now normally I check here but knowing the guy was a calling station I bet 325 he calls. Turn is J of hearts 2 flush draws I bet out again 625 he calls again. River 2 of hearts flush made it but very unlikely he hit backdoor flush. I set him all in he calls I confidently turn over 99 and he mucked. Really proud of how I played that hand.

Well sadly I got moved and anyone who's played poker knows how much u hate it when you get moved from a table ur running hot at. I had about 7k at that time and I really couldn't get anything else going. I can't remember many big hands at my second table. I got moved to another table with about 4.5k with blinds at 100 200.

I pick up 88 and raise to 600. Guy calls and the flop comes 1072. I bet 800 he calls. Turn is another 10 he pushes 700 More I call he has 99 lame! River blanks and I'm down to 3.2k. This guy wasn't very good but for watever reason had my number as u will soon see(he put 5k in on the flop with top pair against bottom set.)

Two hands later I pick up 88 again and raise to 650 after an utg limper. Folds back to him and he pushes. More often then not, an utg limper and raise all in is a monster so I fold. He later did the exact same thing and sure enough had AA.

So then with 2.2k I push with A9 and that same guy called for 1.2k with A10 again just has me beat! Down to 750 the sb pushes against me I call with A7 he has 92 and I hold. I push uncalled with a few hands JJ, J9. Then I push with A4 suited. Get two callers including the guy who has me beat. I get up knowing he's got me. The flop comes 3KQ and sure enough AQ for him has me crushed. Out around 100th.

Pretty upset after having a great start but what can u do. Ok lot of FTP coming up starting on Weds mini ftops Event #1 a 22 buy in 6 handed that will probably get 12,000 people. Lol will post full recap and likely will have updates.

0 Responses "Full recap of the Commerce Tourney"