Close calls end my Double Guarantees Weekend

tayke2 On 7:51 PM

Ok so today was the last day of double guarantees on Full Tilt. For those who don't know what that means, in any big tournament online the websites post a guaranteed number for the prize pool, such as a 26 dollar buy in tournament guaranteeing a prize pool of 10,000 bucks. This week, FTP decided to double all of their guarantees, meaning that their main weekly tournament was guaranteed a 1.5 million dollar prize pool. While I wasn't able to satellite directly into it, I satellited into a 216 ftops, and decide to use that on the tournament today. I played a couple tournaments before, including the double deuce, where I was out in half an hour, and the 7 game 6k I final tabled a few days ago, and fell just short of cashing in ti for the 4th straight time. Got 46th with 32 getting paid.

Ok so onto the 1.5 mil guaranteed. Started out with 3k in chips, which is ridiculous I think you should def start with 5k in this tournament since most of the ftops tournaments start with 5k in chips. Got up to 4325 after I hit top pair with 86 and let a big stack bluff at me. Then I got into another pot with the guy to my left, who was a huge donkey and called literally every single hand, yet had built a huge stack after getting luck in one big hand. I raise with AJ and he called the flop came J high. I bet big he called turn an under card I shoved and he folded lameeee. Then after getting to 6300 I dodged a huge bullet in this hand. Raised utg with QQ get called by a guy on the button then the bb who was even with me three bet me very small. I had him on a pretty big hand, and thought about 4 betting but decided to just call. The flop came J 7 5 all clubs, and I had the Q of clubs. The big blind pot bet it 2150 and I had a tough decision. I decided to let it go, as i had him on KK or AA and didn't wanna find out if he had the club or not. The other guy shoved, and got called. They flip up A6 of clubs and 77! So I ended up being behind both, though given the hands, I might have been able to win it preflop had I put in a big 4 bet. Oh well.

After getting knocked down to 4700, I win a huge hand with blinds at 60 120. I raise to 370 on the button with J10 and the bb 3 bets me very small only to about 700. I call. Flop is a beautiful Q 10 9. He shoves and I call he flips a beautiful AK. Meaning I need to dodge an A or a J. Turn is an 8 and I hold and get up to 8400. Next hand I pull a good bluff. I call a raise preflop with QJ of diamonds. The guy had about 3k less then me. The flop comes K52 with two clubs. He bets small about 330 into a 1k pot. I decide to float it(meaning I call the flop with nothin with the intention of bluffing the turn). Turn is a great card 10. He bets about 700 into the 2k pot and I call again with the intention of shoving the river if its an A,9, or club. River is a club 3 of clubs and he fires 1600 into the pot with 3k behind. It was more then I expected, but there really isn't much he can call a shove with unless he flopped a set or something. I stick with my read, shove, and he folds. Gotta stick with your gut. Up to 12k.

Sadly, that was the most I would get up to. A few rounds go by with just one or two raise pre flop and take its. Then I got knocked down to 7400 after raising pre flop with 33 and continuation betting the flop of J74. One stack shoves, and I fold. I get knocked down all the way to 4k just no cards. I shove the button with 104 suited and get no calls. Then 3 hands later AA here we go!! I raise to 1200 blinds at 250 500 and get one call. Flop comes 643 a bad flop for me. I bet 1500 and he folds. Then a round goes by and I pick up KK in the BB! A guy raises to 1400 I shove for 6k total and he SNAP calls with...A9!! Well the flop comes down 9 2......9. I cant catch up. Out about 1500th. Oh well what can you do.

Been a long week but I've developed a nice system. I try to play 2 26 buck, 2 13 buck, and 2 6 buck 90 person KO's at one time. It invest 91 bucks, meaning that, with an average amount of KO's, I need to get a 6th in a 26 buck, a 4th in a 13 buck, or a 2nd in a 6 buck. So far,I've had great success. I've played 6 sets with the following results

1st set: A 5th in a 6 buck for 30 bucks
2nd set: A 2nd in a 26 buck for 358
3rd set: a 7th in a 6 buck for 27
4th set: A 7th in a 6 buck, a 6th in a 13 buck, and a 3rd in a 26 buck, for a total of 350ish
5th set: a 6th in a 12 buck for 50ish
6th set: a 2nd in a 12 buck for 160.

So overall, I've profited around 600 bucks by doing this. So I think for now, I'm going to stick with running these for the time being. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more recaps.

0 Responses "Close calls end my Double Guarantees Weekend"