My thoughts on the Playoffs

tayke2 On 11:53 AM

Well I'm back from Las Vegas! And I actually was up on my trip I'll do my best to get a recap up in the next few days but in the meantime I'll give my thoughts on the first round of the playoffs. Truth be told, all of these games were pick ems for me, as you would expect in the playoffs. What really threw me off was the fact that we were looking at 3 week 17 rematches. So I know that I didn't post predictions, but I woulda gone 2-2, as if I had t bet, I would have bet on all 4 home teams, Dallas, Zona, Cincy, and New England. But onward to the rest of the postseason!

First i'll look at the AFC: Baltimore at Indy....New York at San Diego

Two solid matchups. While Baltimore looked mighty impressive against New England, Indy just seems to have their number. And while i really hate Cadwell's decision to bench Manning in the SECOND to last week of the season in a COMPETITIVE game against ANOTHER PLAYOFF CONTENDER(I'm not bitter)... I think the Colts pull it out here 21-17.

Other matchup you have the hottest team in the league vs the leagues best defense and a team that is showing no signs of fear or intimidation of any kind. I think this game is going to be alot closer then some would expect, but I still think the Chargers squeak it out at home 24-20. Look for two fantastic AFC games.

In the NFC we have....Arizona at New Orleans and Dallas at Minnesota

Expect some Packers/Cardinals type fireworks in this game against New Orleans. You mite be a tad disappointed. You see the difference between the Packers and the Saints is that I actually expect the Saints D to show up. Especially since this one is in the Dome, I think the Saints win it by 11 here 35-24.

In the other matchup, you have one of the hottest teams in Dallas vs a Vikings squad that has looked awful in recent weeks. What is often said that can't be true enough is that its not always the best team in the playoffs its the hotter team. This is a tried and true case here. The boys pull the upset 27-17.

So the Championship games are: San Diego at Indy and Dallas at New Orleans.

On paper, the Colts are the more complete team, which is saying alot considering the Chargers are damn good, but the trump card here is the past. For whatever reason, the Chargers have the Colts number in seasons past. And I think he mite stay the same here. It pains me to say, but I think the Chargers get to the big game with a 27-24 upset.

In the other, you have a rematch of the week 15 matchup that spoiled the Saints perfect season. New Orleans had no reason to come out to that game flat footed, yet they did. And in the end it was too little too late. I don't see the Saints making the same mistake. They come out fast early and hold off the boys 27-21.

Super Bowl!- San Diego vs New Orleans.

Wow this is a sick matchup right here. I'm not sure outside of an Indy New Orleans super bowl you could have a better one. The Chargers mite be the hottest team in the league, but the Saints seem to ahve destiny on their side. And Drew Brees could prove on the biggest stage that he is the best QB in the league. In what should be a classic, the Saints pull out a thriller 31-28.

Those are my thoughts. What do you think? Feel free to leave any comments. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "My thoughts on the Playoffs"