Top Fantasy players of 2010

tayke2 On 10:20 PM

QB:
1. Drew Brees- Head of the most efficient passing offense, nothing will change much in 2010. The best part about him is that he spreads the ball around and uses more pump fakes then even Manning. Brees will likely be a later 1st round pick.

2. Peyton Manning- There's not much more I can say about this guy that hasn't already been said. You can probably still grab Manning in the early 2nd round.

3. Aaron Rodgers- Rodgers was a beast this year and statistically was the top QB this year. The issue with him was always his offensive line, but now that they have figured that out, expect Rodgers to go in the late 2nd round.

4. Tom Brady- Brady didnt miss much of a beat this year after his knee injury. The knock on Brady is his somewhat inconsistent play, but he is still worth a late 2nd round pick.

5. Phillip Rivers- Rivers is an absolute beast, and if completion % was a stat, he'd be at the top. The knock on Rivers is that he doesn't get many touchdowns because the Chargers LOVE LT in the redzone. But he will still be a solid 3rd round pick, and will likely go higher in some drafts.

Sleepers: Matt Ryan- Ryan didn't suffer much of a sophomore slump, which is promising. The Falcons need a better 2nd option for Roddy White, but Ryan will be a solid backup to pick up in the later rounds.

Jay Cutler- I know he was an interception machine this year, but he shows signs of brilliance against Minnesota throwing for 4 TD;s. And remember he was a top 5 fantasy QB with Denver. I think with a year at Chicago under his belt, his stats will shoot up. I still wouldn't pick him up before the 8th round, but he could be a great backup.

Busts: Kurt Warner- Warner had another great year, but he has to show his age eventually right? I'm not saying he will be a bust, but Id be weary of spending a 4th or 5th round pick on him. So proceed with caution.

Matt Hasselbeck- This isn't really news. He sucked this year and won't be getting any better. In case you already weren't run away.

RB:
1. Chris Johnson- The most important thing about CJ is that he gets the 4 to 5 yard carries with ease. He rarely gets stopped behind the line of scrimmage, and is capable of an 80 yard run each time. Earlier this year, he was projected to get 30 points. For a RB, thats unheard of. If you have the #1 pick next year, grab him, because he won't be around for anything else.

2. Adrian Peterson- Peterson showed concerning signs of inconsistency this year, but he's still worthy of the #2 pick in your draft. And get used to this. he'll be around a while.

3. Maurice Jones Drew- Jones Drew is a TD machine, and he gets alot of catches out of the backfield. Were it not for the 2 freaks in front of him, he's a synch #1 overall pick. As it is, grab him with the 3rd pick and beyond.

4. Michael Turner-His ankle injury killed alot of fantasy owners this year. He's very good, but Snelling and Duckett could steal some carries. He's still top 5 worthy though.

5. Frank Gore- This might surprise some, but on my draft board, he's #5. The main issue is the offensive coordinator who loves to pass it for whatever reason. But the kid is a beast and he has mostly solved his fumbling issue. Spring for him if he slips to the 7th or 8th pick.

Sleepers: Jerome Harrison- This also isn't much news considering his emergence. I'm not quite sure where he will be projected to go. I'd still be cautious, and grab him in the 3rd-4th round if he is still available. I wouldn't invest a 2nd rounder in him. We've seen too little.

Ryan Grant. Ryan Grant slipped a bit this year, but he's still a solid #2/#1 with good WR's. I might not spend a 2nd rounder on him, but if he slips to the 3rd, I'd grab him.

Busts: Stephen Jackson- At the end of the year, he sat out because of a back injury. This was likely due to him being tired of carrying this team all year. Unless they make major strides, Defense's will be loading the boxes and holding him down. I wouldn't use my 1st rounder on him, if he manages to slip to the 2nd, I mite grab him.

Cedric Benson I would be pretty surprised if he is able to produce the same success he had this year. Another case of won't be a all out bust, but I wouldn't splurge on a 1st rounder for him. Late 2nd at best for me.

Thomas Jones- Look at Cedric. Be weary of the hype. Late 2nd rounder for me.

WR:

1. Brandon Marshall- I know this might surprise alot, but here me out. 1st off, this is under the assumption that this is a points per reception league. Here is the reasoning for my #1 ranking. He gets the same amount of catches as Wes Welker, and he makes the same number of big plays as Randy Moss. If he slips to the middle of the 2nd round, GET HIM. And thank me later. This of course is now under the assumption that he can work out his issues with Coach McDaniel. Would be a sick waste of talent if they didn't.

2. Andre Johnson- A freak of nature, he's one of the most physically gifted receivers I've ever seen. Another guy who is definitely worthy of an early 2nd round pick and maybe a late 1st rounder. Man I wonder how my team would be if I got Andre and Brandon with my top 2 picks? Mite be worth a gamble.

3. Reggie Wayne- Amazingly, I think he's fairly underrated. And you might be able to snag him in the 3rd round if you are lucky. If he makes it to the 3rd round, get him!

4. Wes Welker- Again, based on PPR league, he will get you at least 13 every game. And with WR's the key thing is consistency. The Wr's who give you 5 points or under will be the ones that kill you. Grab him in the late 2nd early 3rd if you can. You won't regret it.

5. Larry Fitzgerald- After his impeccable playoffs, it was going to be nearly impossible to repeat his success. He did a pretty damn good job though, and he's for sure worth a late 2nd rounder.

Sleepers: Calvin Johnson- Those who owned him this year were pretty frustrated. I would know. But here are the facts. 1. He's so athletic, his nickname is Megatron. 2. Stafford and him were getting quite a repour. 3. He's worth a 3rd rounder. For sure.
Dwayne Bowe- A season of problems for him should mean that he will slip to the 4th or 5th round. I'd gamble on him, mainly because with the emergence of Chris Chambers, he will see less double coverage. Plus, it'll be Cassell's 2nd year.

Panthers Steve Smith- He had a down year, and he might very well leave Carolina, but this guy has blazing speed and is a great route runner. If Delhomme stops throwing it to the other jerseys, he'll have another great year.

Busts: Desean Jackson- I'm torn about Jackson. The main reason I'm putting him here is that I feel like he will be vaulted up to the 2nd or 3rd round where I feel like logically he's a pretty easy receiver to cover. Just cover deep. I won't be spending anything more then a 5th round pick on him personally. I could be wrong, so proceed with your own risk.

Giants Steve Smith- I love my Trojans, but i feel like this year might have been an overachieving year. He had a great first quarter of the year, and for the most part, just a good rest of the year. Definitely worth a 5th rounder, but that might be the highest.

TE:
1. Dallas Clark- I hate this guy. He screwed me over too many times lol. Even as a tight end, he's can't be taken in the top 2 rounds. I'd take him in the middle to late 3rd if no great WR's are left.
2.Antonio Gates- He's a sicko plain and simple and they love to get him the ball in the red zone. Snag him if you can in the mid to late 3rd round.
3. Tony Gonzalez- Tony surprised many including myself by not missing a beat in his new town. He's still a great player who is still worthy of a 4th round pick.
4. Vernon Davis- I'm just a tad skeptical of Davis I want to see another season of production before I'm ready to vault him over the likes of Gates and Gonzalez. But he's still a great player, but I'm not certain I would take him before the 4th round.
5. Jason Witten- He heated up towards the end of the year, which was good and bad for owners like me. But he still grabs a ton of passes and he's still a great guy to go with in your 5th round.

Sleepers: John Carleson- He got a TD a game it seemed in Seattle, and for the Tight End spot, that is great. Look for him to slip t the 7th or 8th round.

Busts: No one to think of.

K: I'm not gonna spend alot of time on kickers but here is my list.
1. Nate Kaeding
2. David Akers
3. Sebastian Janikowski
4. Adam Viniterai
5. Rob Bironias

Sleepers: Matt Prater- Loved what I saw from this guy, and you could prob snag him in the last 5 rounds.

Busts: Garrett Hartley- Showed alot of inconsistency towards the end.
Jason Elam- Getting pretty old, but still solid.

DEF: Same with Defenses.
1. Philadelphia
2. New York Jets
3. Pittsburgh
4. Baltimore
5. San Diego

Sleepers: Chicago- 3 words: Brian Urlacher's comeback.

Busts: Bad teams lol.

So thats it for me. Think I left anyone off the list? Lemme know!

0 Responses "Top Fantasy players of 2010"