Playoffs are starting a week early for me.

tayke2 On 9:03 PM

One of the greatest things about the Playoffs in sports is you win or you go home. Leave it all on the line. No guts no glory. Whatever cliche you can think of applies. This is so for fantasy as well. Going into Monday night last week with a 33 point lead, all I needed was a win to clinch a spot in the playoffs. Well one Brady goose-egg and one Brees ass kicking later, and I'm now fighting for my playoff life. 7 teams are in, and I'm in 8th with a 4-8 record. My Aunt is 3-9, and unfortunately for me, we are playing each other. You might ask why I say unfortunately if I'm playing a 3-9 team. Its simple. Gloria needed me to lose and her to win. I just needed a win. If we weren't playing, there would be 2 different ways for me to clinch: 1. me winning 2. Gloria losing. Because we are playing, I now only have one option. To win. And while she needed two things to go her way, she only needs one: a win. All in all, its a playoff week. A good start for me tonight with the Jets defense outscoring one of her running backs, Fred Jackson, by 5 points. But a long way to go. Lets get into it.

Carson Palmer vs Det- After riding Brady all year, I'm benching him in my biggest game of the week. Not bitterness from last week. Its simply a great matchup for me against the Lions. Need a big game from my fellow Trojan.

Wes Welker at Mia- Had a disappointing 7 points last week. Need double digits from him this week, and he should against a weak secondary.

Chris Chambers vs Den- Has been killing it so far with the Chiefs. One of my other options, Braylon Edwards, got a TD tonite, so hoping he can outscore him.

Calvin Johnson at Cin- Not the best matchup, but you gotta ride your big dogs, especially in the Playoffs.

LaDainian Tomlinson at Cle- Should be a fantastic matchup this defense sucks and Turner loves to give LT the ball in the redzone.

Cedric Benson vs Det- Any bad feelings I have towards him for getting hurt the week I traded for him and giving me 2 points in 3 weeks will be gone if he exploits this great matchup. My fear is if they jump out to a big lead, they will get LJ in there early, but I can't pass on this matchup.

Kellen Winslow at Car- Winslow is a favorite target of Freeman and I'm loving it. Should get alot of good opportunities against this D.

Billy Cundiff at GB- Has seen alot of the field in two weeks since the Ravens signed him. Hoping for more of the same this week.

New York vs Buffalo- 11 points tonite. Any time your Defense gets you double digits, its a great day.

Gloria(3-9)

Vince Young at Ind- Not usually a fantasy stud, but this offense is on fire and the Colts have the tendency to get into shootouts.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Min- The strength of Gloria's team are her WR's, and he's the leader. I'm hoping Leinart starts here, because Fitz and Warner always get TD's.

Chad Ochocinco vs Det- Another reason I'm going with Palmer, Ochocinco's impact will be minimized by it. Just hoping for now big plays for him, as big yards is where he can breakout against Palmer.

Miles Austin at NYG- He'll get 2 points or 20. Hoping that Romo looks elsewhere this week.

DeAngelo Williams vs TB- Definitely the guy I'm most worried about. He's torn up the Bucs in recent games, and he might do the same this week. If he gets under 20, I'll be happy.

Fred Jackson vs NYJ- Only got 6.5 tonite thats huge.

Tony Gonzalez vs Phi- Ugh. Shes got alot of scary names on her roster. Tony is a beast, but Roddy White will probably steal his big plays.

Ryan Longwell at Ari- Probably going to get some looks against a porous D.

Denver at KC- A Chambers TD to start the game would be so clutch as it would be a 12 point swing.

ATVN league is done for me, though I am playing last place Bryan, so I mite get myself a win there. As always, I'll be tweeting updates at tayke2 on twitter. Wish me luck! Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Playoffs are starting a week early for me."