NFL Weekly Picks

tayke2 On 3:44 PM

Well last week I aimed for a 13-3 week. I ended up at......8-8!! What?!? Yes it looked like for at least one week the NFL was back to its usual anyone can beat anyone standard that it had set for the past several years. Means my record is now 62-27. Oh well I'm over it. Onto this week!

1. Pittsburgh at Cleveland- It is shocking how different a team the Steelers are without Polamalu. With him they beat the Vikings. Without him, they lose to the Raiders and Chiefs! Whats up with that. Even without him, there is no excuse for them or hardly anyone else really, to lose to the Browns this year. Steelers finally get a win here 24-14.

2. New Orleans at Atlanta- Man the Saints made me sweat last week, and if we are being real, they had no business winning that game. How do the Skins blow a 25 yard field goal at the end. Oh well I'll take it. The Saints are far better then the Falcons and should notch another win here, 31-20.

3. Green Bay at Chicago- The Pack are looking very good recently, and the Bears are slipping. It will be very cold in Chicago, but the Packers have no problem playing in the cold. They should get another win which will help them in the competitive NFC Wild Card picture. Pack win 27-13.

4. Denver at Indianapolis- After their 4th straight loss, I was ready to write the Broncos off. However, McDaniel has the guys playing well, and they should make the playoffs. But they aren't playing well enough to beat the Colts. Manning leads his troops to another win 31-23.

5. Buffalo at Kansas City- Not sure what to make of here. Two teams that can look awful or...just sorta bad. I'm gonna give Buffalo the edge here they have better players and a better defense. They win a struggle 17-10.

6. Cincy at Minnesota- I remember thinking after the loss to Arizona Sunday night that I had not seen a score as surprising to me then when the Cards destroyed the Panthers in the playoffs last year. Not sure what happened, but the Vikes are way better then they showed there, and they should show that against the Bengals in what could be the game of the week. Vikes take it here 34-24.

7. Carolina at New England- Man are the Pats falling apart or what. Well luckily for them, they have the Panthers coming into town who have once again slipped off the radar in recent weeks. The pats win this in what could be a close struggle or absolute blowout. I'm gonna go somewhere in the middle and say 24-14.

8. New York Jets at Tampa Bay- Sanchez won't be playing, which hurts the Jets, but not that much, especially against the Bucs, who are thinking about who to draft with their top 3 pick more then they are thinking about their opponents now. Jets take it 27-14.

9. Miami at Jacksonville- Talk about two Jackyll and Hyde teams here. The Fins and Jags have both played like the best and played like the worst this year, so I have no idea who to pick. My gut is saying Jags, so I'm going with them, but I honestly have no idea what to make of this game. Jags win 24-21.

10. Detroit at Baltimore- The Lions have looked better this season then in past, and Stafford and Calvin are developing quite a repour with each other. But the Ravens need this win and they will play like it. They HAVE to get Ed Reed back soon though. they mite be able to squeeze by this game without him, but they need him back asap. Ravens win this one 27-14.

11. Seattle at Houston- Out of nowhere, the Seahawks went from bottom feeders to 5-7, which isn't much but is definitely something. And while the Texans have lost 4 straight, two of those were to the undefeated Colts. I say they get off the losing wagon here in big fashion 31-17.

12. St. Louis at Tennessee- In order to have a shot at the playoffs, the Titans HAVE to win out. This should be an easy stepping stone for them, as like the Bucs, the Rams have their minds on the draft. Titans take it here 23-10.

13. Washington at Oakland- Two teams that have played some pretty good football the past few weeks for their standards. The Skins take it here I think they looked very impressive against the Saints last week, and they should be able to get a win here. Could go either way imo but I got the Skins 24-21.

14. San Diego at Dallas- I feel like the Cowboys loss to the Giants last week mite come back to haunt them. The Chargers are playing arguably the best football in the NFL right now, and I think they will keep that going, and get a big road win here. Chargers win 30-21.

15. Philly at New York Giants- The top 3 teams in the NFC East are so even, I never know who to pick. I just want to flip a coin. But right now, I can say that I think the Eagles are the better team, and despite being on the road, I think the Eagles win this one 27-24.

16. Arizona at San Fran- Alot of people had this date circled on their calendar earlier in the season, but now its just another step in the Cards inevitable NFC West title. Cards are the far better team, and notch a pretty easy win here 31-17.

Ok those are my picks. In other news, I'm going to be in Vegas this week!!! Pretty excited to see some old ATVN buddies. Gonna play poker on Saturday at Caesers, and bet the sports book on Sunday. Gonna go with a 3 spread parlay in the NFL on Sunday. Basically I bet on 3 different spreads and if I win all 3, I get a huge return of investment.

So right now I'm thinking of taking the Jets at -3 over the Bucs, the Packers at -3 over the Bears, and the Texans at -6.5 over the Seahawks. This could change based on the spread changes on sunday, but I'll post updates on the major vegas events at my twitter tayke2 so you can check out my progress there. I'll post a full recap on Monday. Thanks for reading guys.

0 Responses "NFL Weekly Picks"