BCS Bowl Games Bonanza

tayke2 On 10:06 AM

Ok so I've picked a few games that I feel I can comment on with some level of expertise. If I didn't pick a game, its cause I didn't know enough about the teams involved. But here are the main ones I picked out.

Las Vegas Bowl- #14 BYU vs #18 Oregon State- One of the best matchups in all of the bowls is happening very early as these two top 20 teams are colliding. 2 different but similar stories here. BYU started off on fire beating Oklahoma before losing to Florida State ending their shot at a title game early, while Oregon State caught fire at the end only to fall just short to Oregon. I think OSU takes this one just too much speed on the field. Beavers win 34-24.

Poinsetta Bowl- #23 Utah vs Cal- I have no idea what to make of Cal. The ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team, they have looked bad more often then good. And while I think Utah is a bit overrated, I think they come out ready to knock off a big school, and do 28-20.

Car Care Bowl- #17 Pitt vs UNC- Wow Pitt must be disappointed here. They were one stop from the Sugar Bowl. Now they play in the Car Care Bowl. UNC another team that has looked like a top 10 team one week and a bottom 10 team another. I think Pitt doesn't get out of their funk, and UNC comes out and gets the upset 27-17.

Emerald Bowl- #24USC vs BC- Ahh my Trojans. How far they have fallen. Still no idea how they are ranked they definitely haven't been playing like a top 25 team this year. The good news though is that BC didn't beat any top ACC teams, only getting wins from the bottom feeders. And Carroll will have his troops ready to make a "small" statement here and get a win to end this forgettable season. 27-10.

Independence- Georgia vs A&M- Another toss up for me. A&M looked very impressive against Texas a couple of weeks ago. And Georgia looked bad most of the year but came up big knocking off Ga Tech a couple weeks ago. Hmm...I'm going with Georgia but this a true toss up for me. 24-21.

Champ Sports- #15 Miami vs #25 Wisconsin- Two opposite teams here in style. Wisconsin grinds it out plays tough low scoring football, while Miami wants to go fast and furious and get in shootouts. Something has to give, and its going to be the Badgers. One of the things that the BCS has proven is that the Big 10 can't keep up with the speed of some of the other power schools. And Miami has alot of speed. I don’t think this one stays very close. Hurricanes win this one 35-14.

Holiday- #20 Arizona vs #22 Nebraska- The Wildcats proved to me against Oregon and USC that they were alot better then I thought they were. Nebraska proved to me that they can hang with Texas and deservedly beat them. Wow this game could be really good. I'm gonna go with the Wildcats. I think they can put up 17-20 points, and Nebraska can't score much at all. Wildcats win this one 20-14.

Sun- #21 Stanford vs Oklahoma- This one could be a great game. Oklahoma looked dead in the water before destroying Oklahoma State, and Stanford showed how good they were when they beat USC and Oregon back to back. I think Stanford pulls this one out, and Toby Gerhart makes his last gasp at a deserved yet unlikely Heisman trophy.

Chick Fil A- #18 Virginia Tech vs Tennessee- I'm not really sure how Tennessee found their way into this game since their only good win was against South Carolina, but it will be fun to see another SEC team go down. Tech is the far superior team, and should win with ease 31-13.

Gator- #16 West Virginia vs FSU-Another case of Idk how you got into this bowl for FSU. And another case of a bad team getting whooped by a far superior team here. Mountaineers roll over the Seminoles 30-17.

Capitol 1- #12 LSU vs #13 Penn State- This one could be very interesting. Neither team has a quality win all year(the most quality was LSU beating a now unranked Georgia team). So you are dealing with teams that have "quality losses" and no quality wins. Both are overrated and not that good, but I'm going with LSU here simply because the SEC is tougher then the Big 10. Tigers win an ugly one 17-13.

Rose- #7 Oregon vs #8 Ohio State- I'm stoked for this one. Should be an offensive juggernaut. I like the Ducks here, again because of the fact that Ohio State has had trouble dealing with fast teams in the past. The Ducks will run up a ton of points, and the Buckeyes won't have enough to hand with them. Ducks hold the Pac-10's stranglehold of the Rose Bowl with a 34-24 win.

Sugar- #3 Cincy vs #5 Florida- Another very interesting matchup. The Bearcats come in with everything to play for as a win over Florida mite, though very unlikely, get them a #1 spot in the AP poll. Florida will come in disappointed from the SEC title game, but Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer won't let this team lose focus. Gators chomp the Bearcats 31-23.

Fiesta Bowl- #4 TCU vs #6 Boise State- I really didn't want this matchup to happen. I wanted for both of them to play big programs like Florida and Iowa, but that wont be happening. As is, I think TCU is the better team here. Outside of Oregon, Boise has played no one all year, and TCU dominated BYU and Utah in late season play. The Horned frogs stag undefeated, knocking off Boise 37-30.

Orange- #9 Georgia Tech vs #10 Iowa- This one won't be too close I don't think. In case you haven't noticed already, I don't think the Big 10 schools can stay with the speed of most. And Ga Tech with their option offense is about as fast as they come. The Yellow jackets sting the vastly overrated Hawkeyes 30-14.

BCS Title- #1 Alabama vs #2 Texas- The big one here. Should be exciting after the 1st Qtr once teams shake off the rust of having a month off. They should really play the final in the middle of December when both teams are still loose but thats a different side note. Bama is the better team here. They will be studying nonstop tape of the Nebraska game to see how to shut down the Longhorns. As much as I don't like him, I think Saban gets his second Crystal ball here. Bama wins it all 27-17.


Those are my thoughts. Agree disagree? Want me to break down anotehr game? Leave comments and I'd be happy to. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "BCS Bowl Games Bonanza"