BCS Top 10 Throwdown

tayke2 On 4:23 PM

Sorry its a couple days late this week I've been really busy with work and school. Last week went well and I picked the Pittsburgh upset vs West Virginia. I've definitely missed a couple upsets, namely those involving SC, but I'm proud to say that every upset that I've predicted(Iowa vs Northwestern, LSU vs. Ole Miss, and Pitt vs. WVU) has come true. Now without further ado, my picks for this week.

1. Florida- Easy breeze over FSU to set up what is in my mind the National Championship. The top two teams in the nation facing off at the height of their games. Should be a great one.
up next: vs. Alabama- This one is a true toss up. I'm going to give the slight edge to Alabama, simply because I've felt like overall they have played better throughout the year. And they will have a chip on their shoulder from last year. Still will be a fantastic game, and should be an instant classic. Bama wins this one 20-17.

2. Alabama- Same as Florida. Flying high and playing well. Man I'm excited for this matchup.
Up next: vs Florida- See above. Bama wins a thriller 20-17.

3. Texas- As I predicted, A&M gave them all they could handle last week, but the longhorns prevailed. That was their toughest game left imo.
Up next: vs. Nebraska- By names, this is a classic matchup, By teams, its not close. Longhorns take it by 2-3 TDs here. 42-21/

4. TCU- TCU has done everything they can to get to the title game. All thats left to do is be a Nebraska fan on Saturday. Sadly, I don't think its going to happen, but I will be rooting just as hard for Nebraska cause I'd love to see a small school get their shot.

5. Cincy- Their matchup against Pitt lost alittle luster with Pitt's loss, but still should be a great game. Tony Pike is healthy and looking good, and the Bearcats are the best team in the Big East by far.
Up next: at Pitt- Going on the road makes this game even tougher, but the Bearcats want to show they deserve a shot over TCU if Texas were to fall. They get a convincing win here 31-17.

6. Boise State- As has been the case all year, they have dominated everyone who has been thrown at them. Now they just await their fate and see which Big school they will get a crack at.

7. Oregon- Back in the top 10 after the Stanford loss. This is the best team in the Pac 10 adn they will have a chance to show that on Saturday against in state rival Oregon State.
Up next: Oregon State Should be a great game, but I think the Ducks win what should be another Oregon Shootout. 42-37.

8. Ohio State- Can't beleive their season is over so soon. All they have to do now is watch the Oregon Oregon St game to see who they will be playing next.

9. Iowa- This ranking shocks me. The Hawkeyes have done absolutely nothing at all this year to prove that they belong anywhere near the top 10. Their best win was agaisnt a weak Penn State team, adn they lost AT HOME to a bad Northwestern team. If they get an at large bid and play either TCU or Boise St., they will lose by 2 touchdowns.

10. Georgia Tech- Laid an egg in their big rivalry game. Now I'm not so certain they are the best team in the ACC.
Up next: vs Clemson- My guess is many of the players were looking ahead to this game. They won't want to be embarassed again, and they will come out on national TV and mkae a statement. They win 31-20.

Those are my picks guys. Got Bama in an "upset". What do you guys think. Leave comments if you would like. Thanks for reading. NFL picks and Fantasy matchups coming tomorrow.

0 Responses "BCS Top 10 Throwdown"