Longest poker day of my career

tayke2 On 7:24 PM

In this case, I literally mean the longest. Not metaphorically like ugh got suckouted out on so many times that it seemed like the longest day. No on Wednesday I decided to do something on pocketfives.com. Its a cool poker forum website where people talk about everything from how to play a hand to thoughts on a pro winning a tournaments. And often times people who are playing alot will post their schedules here. I did such a thread on Wednesday, and while it was a very long day (I clocked in at 8:00 am and clocked out at 11:58 pm) it was an absolutely blast.

So the day started off rather bad. I was out of all of my first few tournaments within half an hour, and ran into some bad coolers. In one of the 8 buck multi's I had 1010, and got it all in on a flop of 5 10 Q. The guy had KK and hit a K on the river to knock me out. Then in the rebuy period of the 10 buck cubed I had AK on a board of 6 8 A K. the guy flips AA and I have to rebuy. Then in the 5 buck heads up, I got it all in with 53 on a board of 5458 against my opponents 87 and the river brought a 6. So the early part was pretty lame.

Then in the next round I made two deep runs. One in the 5 buck turbo the other in a 15 buck super turbo. In the 5 buck turbo, I made a sickkkk comeback. I was all in with 77 preflop vs KQ and 66. Flop comes 345, and the turn brings a 7, set for me straight for the other guy. I don't pair the river and I'm down to 124 with blinds at 100 200. So after one double up, I raise all in for 450 with K6 and get called by 10 10. The flop comes K2K yahtzee! and I'm up to 1k. Then the hand of the tournament just a few hands later. I get in a 4 way all in with A8 vs AQ, QJ, and A2. The flop has my gin card when it comes 8 3 5 and I hold up to get to 4k!

Doubled up again with A10 vs 99 when the flop came KJ10 and now I have 8k with the blinds at 300 600. Then doubled up again to 20k with blinds at 500 1k when I got JJ in preflop vs 10 10 and held. Then after winning a big coin flip with 88, I had gone from 124 to 50k! Sadly, my run would end there in a very bizarre and very lame fashion. With 50k, the blinds at 1500 3000, and facing two limps, I shove with AK in the sb. A guy my equal size in chips SNAP calls and the other guy folds. He flips....K10 of diamonds?!?!? Flop brings two diamonds, and the river binks one more. Would have had over 100k and been chip leader. As it was, out in 17th for 17 bucks. So weird but whatever. Then I get 15th in a superturbo for 70 bucks, and am pretty much even on the morning.

From there, not much happened until the 6 k guaranteed 7 game tournament. This is a tournament like HORSE, but it includes no limit holdem and pl omaha. So the game goes limit holdem, limit omaha hi/lo stud hi/lo, razz, stud hi, limit no limit holdem, and pl omaha. I had played this tournament the previous two days, and gotten 16th and 13th. So I figured I Was due for a 10 place showing! Did a bit better then that. Sitting with just 3500 in the stud level, and the bets at 400 and 800, I doubled up big to 8k when I made quad queens. Then a huge pot in the pl omaha. I limped preflop with 5599 doubled suited, and the flop comes Q58 with two spades. Yahtzee! I get it all in, and the guy flops...QQ for top set. Lame. Need a 5 or spade. River...K of spades!! Double up again to 14k.

Then I win another huge pot in stud with trip jacks to get up to 28k and 2nd in chips with 25 left. I entered the final table 4th in chips out of 8, but stood pretty much dead even from there. I then find myself 5th in chips with 5 to play. Top stack has about 130k, I have 50k. Everyone is begging to look at a chop deal, and I decide to cave in and look at numbers. At that point, 5th place money was 300 bucks. I didn't think I would get any more then 450, but when the numbers came up, I could get 600 bucks right now! Now under many circumstances, I might not have taken the deal, but given that the deal would put me at about 100 bucks over even on the day with a handful of tournies left, it was an easy decision. I decide to take the chop, get 5th for 600 bucks, and profit on the day.

I'm sure you guys are tired of reading right now, so I'll make the last one quick. Made a deep run in the $50 buy in 100k guaranteed. Got 38th for 250 bucks 77

0 Responses "Longest poker day of my career"