Poker is a funny game....now with recap of the win

tayke2 On 8:31 PM

So after the horrible play that was this morning's ftops I get some lunch clear my head and play a few other multis. I ship an 1100 person 10 buck KO for 2k. Ain't poker a funny game :) I'll post details later once I get a chance. I shipped some of it to Plattman who was staking me but I cashed out 500 putting me at what I believe is 3700 out of my goal of 5k.


Ok so here are the big hands that I can remember. With the blinds at around 1500 3k I was looking realllly good. I had about 115000 with one other big stack at my table who had 120,000. Next closest to us had about 60k. Big stack raises to 9k I call with 44 able to see a flop for that price. The flop comes 454. Pretty good flop for me! He bets 11k into the 25k pot. I smooth call. Turn is a J he bets 30k into the 50k pot and another easy smooth call. We both have around 70k now. River is a 5 and he pushes all in and I snap call he shows QQ. I double up to a huge chip lead with 245k with 45 people left. Its an easy game. :)

We've gotten down to the final 18 and blinds are at 5k 10k. Ive got about 350k good enough for around 5th or so. I've stayed pretty tight aggressive and hadn't made a big move until now. The button who has about 290k raises 30k into the pot. I reraise to 100k with Q8 off knowing he's only shoving with a made hand .He says "figures" and folds and I gladly show the bluff for the exact reason that comes up a few hands later when I pick up the good ole AA! Same situation guy with about 200k raises to 30k and I reraise to 100k. He thinks for about 20 seconds and shoves in and I snap call he has 1010. The flop comes AQ9 all hearts he has no heart! Yahtzee. Turn is a 4 of hearts meaning that any heart on the turn and he split the pot and my computer goes out the window!!! no heart and I get up to about 500k.

Now with 11 to go I'm 3rd in chips. Blinds still at 5k 10k and I'm pounding the final table bubble pretty hard with only one stack at the table covering me. Guy makes it 30k and I once again make it 100k with 77. Short stack pushes 23k more and I call he shows JJ. Flop bricks out turn hello mr 7! River is a blank and I'm up to 650k. only time in the tournament i got really lucky...at least towards the end.

At the final table I'm 2nd in chips and we are down to 7 when a HUGE hand comes up. I have about 700k opponent has about 400k when he raises to 47,800m just over a min raise with blinds at 10k 20k. I just call on the button with 88 not wanting to reraise and race for this many chips. The flop comes 532 and he bets out 90k almost a pot size bet. I really didn't know where I stood but I decided to call and see a turn fearing an insta call with an over pair if I shove. The turn comes a 7 and he open pushes all in for 320k. The pot only has 300k in it so this is a HUGE bet. At this point, I was confident he has AK or AQ because he would have value bet an over pair I figured. I make the call and he shows.....77. Bit unlucky for me and either a great play on his end or a stupid one but I lose a massive pot and an down to 300k.

After chipping up on a few raises we are down to 4 people when this hand comes up. I have 600k in the big blind the small blind has 300k . Blinds are at 15k 30k. He raises to 90k and I shove all in with AK. He thinks for 20 seconds and calls with A2. The flop is a disaster. AA2 huge suckout for him and I can't catch up. It knocked me down to 300k and now the short stack. I was surprisingly calm afterwards, and knew that now was not the time to get pissed and go on tilt. I simply said nice hand and moved on. So after we all exchange being the short stack, I chip up to around 550k and I open shove all in with blinds at 20k 40k with KQ. The big blind calls with 55 and I spike a K on the turn to get me up to about 800k 3 handed.

More jockeying for position occurs and I make a pretty big move. The big stack of 1.5 mil raises my big blind to 120k. I shove over the top all in for 750k half his stack with K9 suited. HE ponders for a few seconds and folds. Back down to 760k and I raises the BB who is dead even with me to 240k with A10 he thinks for a few seconds and shoves all in and I snap call. He shows A5!! The flop comes J32 not a huge fan as now he has a 4 for an out. The board blanks out and now I am dead even at 1.6 mil heads up for 1st place.

I told myself that if I could get to heads up as at least a 2 to 1 underdog that I could outplay any of them ,so I was stoked to get heads up. I had chipped down to 1.3 million when the following hand occurs. With blinds at 25k 50k he raises to 150k for the 3rd button in a row. I reraise with A5 to 450k and he calls, very interesting play. I put him on a prety big hand, but when the flop comes 653 I figure its as good a flop as I am goin to see. I push all in for a cool mil and he nearly insta calls and I think for sure he's got an over pair. He flips over....44, and I need to dodge a 7 4 or 2 to take a massive lead. I do just that and now I have 3 mil to his 300k. He doubles once, but then I get it in with 55 vs Q9 and I hold up to take down the title and the 2 grand.

Overall I'm so happy with my play and it was a great feeling after coming so close to the big win so many times. Now that my roll is back on track, expect some other lengthy tourney reports. Thanks for reading guys.

1 Response to "Poker is a funny game....now with recap of the win"

  1. watched your play in the big tourney.Played in the same 10.00 game u played in and out lasted u. U were plating in about six games at the same time.When we get back from Australia i will try to get in the same topurney as u. Mike