Ugh Bad bad night of poker

tayke2 On 12:20 AM

So I played the 120 buy in tournament at the bike got 500 people first got about 13k. Start with 4k in chips blinds at 25 50. So first hand I get involved in I have Q10 in the bb. Flop came 10 9 8 and I bet 200 one caller. Turn is a 9 and we check check. River is Ace of diamonds bringing 3 diamonds on board. He bets 500 and I call even though I really can't beat anything he shows A10 bad call on my part.

Then with blinds at 50 100 UTG raises to 350 I call with AQ of diamonds. Flop comes Qj9 she bets 600 I call. Turn is a 7 she bets 750 leaving about 600 behind. I'm not good enough to fold even though she's only calling with KK, AA, or AQ. She thinks for a few seconds and calls with AQ chop it up.

Then I make a pretty good bluff limp in small blind with Q4 bb checks. Flop AJ7 check check turn is a 7 I bet 250 she calls. river A I bet 700 and she folds. So back up to about 3k when I raise to 600 with KK and get 2 callers including the big stack who's been running really hot. Flop comes QA6 ughhhh I check to him he bets 700 and I fold really frustrating.

So I get grinding down to about 1800 and I push in middle position with KJ and the bb looks at his hand and grunts makes me think he's just got a crap hand. Then he takes about 20 seconds and calls throwing me off he shows 66. Flop comes 10104 bad for me turn is a dream card Q meaning any A, K, Q, J, or 9 and I double up. River is a 2 and I'm out last hand b4 break.

Then I buy in for 80 bucks at a cash game and I tell myself I'm gonna be aggressive so I don't get bored lol. Well it worked for 1 hand! facing three limpers I raise to 15 bucks with 10 10 and get folders. Then the next hand I limped with 44 flop A23 I bet 8 one caller. Turn J check check river 10 she bets 20 I thought she had a busted flush and almost called but folded and she showed A2 good fold.

Next hand I get 10 8 of diamonds and limp. Flop comes J87. Checks around. Turn is a 2. Guy bets 8 another guy calls I raise to 24. Original better folds and guy calls. River is a 10 two pair for me but 4 card straight. He almost instantly pushes all in for 44 leaving me 8 behind. I was confused but told myself I was goin big or goin home I call he shows...95. Had a double belly buster straight draw and hit it. Lame.

I add on my last 20 bucks and call a raise to 8 with K10. Flop comes 10 5 4 and I push. Guy calls raiser moves all in guy calls. Not good for me!! Turn is an A river 8 and guy shows A10. 100 bucks gone in 10 minutes!!

So I come back and play a few multis. Shoulda known it would be a bad night when I got knocked out in 2 hands in a 26 KO flopped trip queens and guy river a full house with a 2 outer 7. Well I played a few others. Turbo fiddy I push all in with A8 facing a min raise. Guy calls with...J2 suited!! Flop brings a deuce as does the river. It was for half his stack! Seriously?!?!

Then I got knocked out of others with my last tournament being a 20 buck with rebuys. I had about 18k with blinds at 300 600 when I get QJ in the bb. SB pushes 10k when folded around to him I tell myself I'm playing for the win and call. He shows 10 8 and turns an 8. I was really pissed because he pushed 20 big blinds with 10 8 coulda easily just raised and if I push he folds makes no sense. Oh well knocks me down to 8k.

After that I make a raise with A8 in late position only to get reraised all in. Down to 5k. two hands later I push with A5 same freakin guy pushes has QQ it holds and I'm knocked a couple tables b4 the money.

Ugh just really frustrating when horrible play is rewarded. I still can't believe the J2 hand or the 10 8 hand, and there are a few other hands that are just gettin to me rite now but its in the past. Ugh frustrating. Might play a good amount tomorrow we'll see how I'm feeling. Thanks for reading.

1 Response to "Ugh Bad bad night of poker"

  1. Kristal says:

    sorry about the rough night. gotta know when luck just isn't on your side, i guess. better luck next time! <3