All your hard work will pay off soon.

tayke2 On 11:18 PM

This was in my fortune cookie at my lunch at Panda Express today. While most people would hope this applies to academics or jobs, I was kinda hoping it would apply to the poker tournament tonight! Well I got knocked out about 60 spots b4 the money about 3 hours in. Got a couple good stories though and some hands to recap. We start with 4500 in chips blinds go up 25/50 up every 30 minutes. Here we go.

Bout 30 minutes in I limp with 10 9 offsuit, and call a raise to 500 after two others call. The flop comes 942 and we check around. Turn is a 7 3 spades on board I have the 9 of spades I bet 500 the raiser calls. River is an 8 of diamonds and we check and I win the pot. Side story the table behind me has Amir Vahedi, a well known poker pro. More on this later.

So I make a couple good bluffs with Q10 to chip up don't remember the exact hands but one I had Q high the other I bet with a pair of tens with a J and A on board. Then with about 8k I have a shot at a bounty. Facing a raise to 600 and a call I reraise to 2k with AK. Raiser folds and limper pushes all in for 1k more I call he shows AJ. Flop comes 234 ugh 5 chops it turn is a blank river is a fucking 5 we chop still at 8k.

I get up to about 9k when a big hand occurs. Facing two limpers i raise to 800 with 66. guy behind me calls then a tight player pushes all in for 2700 more. Both limpers fold and its on me. the odds are pretty good and I'd still have 5k if I lose. Most importantly, I felt like alottt of high cards had already been folded so if he has AK or AQ then I'm in great shape. I decide to call and he shows KK. LAME The board comes 10 high so I was right I woulda won the coin flip.

So then I get moved to a new table, and I happen to sit right next to mr Amir Vahedi. This was really special for me because he was at the final table of the 2003 world series of poker main event. This is the tournament that got me into poker so this was awesome. He doubled up my first hand there then we get into it! He limp the small blind and I check with K4. Flop comes K75 he bets 300 I raise to 900 leaving 3k behind. He pushes all in and snap call! He shows K2 and we chop it up. woulda loved to have doubled through him! Oh well

So I get moved again with about 4800 chips blinds at 200 400 need to make a move. First hand I get I see AJ and shove no callers. About 3 hands later I'm in the big blind guy raises to 1200 and button calls I push for 5k with 99 and they fold. I win the next hand and now i'm up to 10k at the 3 hour break!

Couple hands back I raise to 2k under the gun. Guy pushes me all in and I have to fold because I realllly can't beat a single hand he's pushing with. Very next hand facing two callers I push with AK no callers. Next hand two limpers I call with A9 flop comes A43 I check guy bets 2k I push 6k more he insta calls with A3. Turn is a 2 and river is a 10 and I'm out

Overall pretty solid play woulda loved that initial bounty to get things going. Oh well. Thanks for reading. Online reports coming.

0 Responses "All your hard work will pay off soon."