Tantalizing Close.

tayke2 On 1:24 PM

In recent weeks, I have lowered my usual buy ins from 26 bucks to 8-10 bucks. This is for a few reasons. One, my bankroll dictates that I must lol. Secondly, I miss the thrill of a deep run in a multi tournament. In recent weeks, I've only made final tables in turbos where it is basically all in or fold. I wanted to make a deep run and get some solid deep stack play in before my ftops tournament on Sunday, which is my 3rd reason.

Well I've made some pretty deep runs, but for the most part fell just short of my intended goal. Last week, I cashed in two of the 10 buck 6 handed tournaments that I love that I reported on earlier in this blog. In one, I bubbled the final table, finishing 7th out of 318. First got 700 bucks I got 80. ugh. Later that nite, I got 10th in a field of about 170. First got 400 I got 30. UGH.

Last night I played an 8 buck multi. Full Tilt runs these every hour they are 8 buck buys in with a max of 180 and 2k in starting chips a pretty good structure. I played in one with 94 people and I got 4th despite having the chip lead with 4 to go. UGHHHHH! I got 80 for 4th and first to 260 so in this case it was more so frustrating to just not get first then to miss out on a lot of money.

Today, same old story. I played a 10 buck heads up multi, structured much like the NCAA tournament. You win one heads up match, then you face someone else who won their match. I finished in 8th, first out of the quarterfinals. Got 44 bucks first get 300. UGHHHHHHHH. Lol one more to add on. 10 buck 6 handed with 280 first gets 680 and I get 29th for 20 bucks. This one made even mroe frustrating becasue I was short stacked the whole money bubble thne two quick double ups, only to run AK into AA. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lol so done venting. I'm feeling good going into Sunday. Its a game that I'm really looking forward to, and something I feel like I can make a good run in. I'll be posting updates every half an hour on Sunday. So wish me luck! thanks for reading.

1 Response to "Tantalizing Close."

  1. Hey Mr., Congratz on the BIG win...he he.