Big Cash and FTOPS Schedule

tayke2 On 4:52 PM

The title says most if it. I just got 5th in the 15 buck super turbo on FTP. Basically what that means is that everyone starts with just 300 chips, and blinds at 15 30. They go up every three minutes. I like these tournaments because it is ALL about picking your spots, which I'm pretty good at. Tons of times I folded a middle ace utg or 2nd position, yet raised with 76 on the button. That's what the tournament is all about.

I chipped up big early, I forget what it was I think I had AA vs two all ins and tripled up. I was able to run a huge stack up through the middle of the tournament, making mostly standard plays. I remember with about 7k or so I called a 3k all in with KQ of diamonds after I raised. He flipped 66. Flop came A109 one diamond. Turn A of diamonds. Meaning I needed a K,Q,J,10,9, or diamond to win. River: 7 of clubs. This would be an indicator of things to come. From there, I played mostly tight and was on a short stack for most of the top 75. With about 36 players left, I got it in AK vs A5 preflop and held to get up to 22k. From there, not much action other then a few big hands. You have to be willing to commit your chips here, and you have to play your big hands. Example was just after that double up, I got 77. The big stack made a standard raise, and I 3 bet to 15k with 10k left behind. He ended up folding. Often times, the middle 3 bet is more powerful in most people's eyes then a "standard" all in. So Slowly I pump it up to 40k with 9 left. I was 8th in chips. But I was able to make a couple all in 3 bets and not get called, and just like that, I had 70k, and was 3rd in chips at the final table.

So at the final table, I get blinded down to 50k with blinds at 3k 6k when I get lucky. I shove the sb for 50k and the bb with 10k more makes a GREAT call with K9. The board runs out a pair with two overs, and we chopped it up. Later, I shoved on the button for 60k with K10 suited, and the same guy calls all in now i barely have him covered. He has 55 and we are off to the races. flop comes 776. Turn...KKKKKKKKK. River blanks and now I'm 2nd in chips. Then I made a slip up. With 140k I raise with AJdd, and the small stack shoves for 40k. Then the sb with 80k shoves and its back to me. This is probably a fold, but I decide I have to play for the win, and with all the chips out there, I have to call. The short stack flips 88 and the other guy flips AQ. Ugh. Need a J. Flop comes 10 10 8 with two diamonds. This is a good and bad flop. The small stack has essentially flopped the nuts and will take the 130k main pot. But there's the 70k side pot I can still win. Turn comes a 7. So on the river I need a J, 9, or diamond to win, or an 8 or 7 to chop it. River....K of spades. So now I'm the short stack again with 50k blinds at 4k 8k. I end up shoving the big stacks min raise with J10cc he flips an ugly KJ. Flop comes A96 with two clubs. Turn blank. River....blank. 3 big draws I missed.

Well 1200 bucks is nice, but top 3 was 2200 plus with first getting 5k so a bit of a disappointing finish. Tonight is the first ftops event, but I don't feel like playing/working to satellite into it. Right now I only have a couple events on my list that I'm registered for. Friday the 19th the 216 6 handed, and Sunday the 21st the 256 6 handed KO. Other tournaments I'm considering are the 216 7 game Wed. the 17th, the 216 Omaha heads up on the 21st, and the 216 turbo on Tuesday the 16th. So stay tuned I'll post here or tweet on my twitter tayke2 if I'm playing.

0 Responses "Big Cash and FTOPS Schedule"