February has been kind to me

tayke2 On 2:45 PM

*Knock on wood* I've had alot of success recently and in just 12 days of Feb I've profited over 2700 bucks. I've probably cashed out about 1800 of that, with the rest going to ftops seats. Yesterday, I won an 81 person shootout for a 535 FTOPS seat. The shootout seat up is essentially 2 sit n gos. 9 tables of 9 players play to a winner, with the 9 winners making the final table, and playing for 1st. It was a great structure, as they had 1800 in the prize pool, but only paid one seat, with the rest getting money prizes. I ended up winning, and had a decision to make for my 535. I was thinking about this, and I realized that past me would have done something differently.

2007 me- Would be stoked about this huge win and let it ride in the 535 FTOPS shootout that night, only to likely go out in about 5th at my first table.

2008 me- Would have used the 535 to buy into the FTOPS main event to try and recreate my incredible run in the previous FTOPS where I got 186th for 1400 bucks, despite being not nearly the player I am today.

2009 me- Would have registered for 2 or maybe 3(combine the last 100 or so with my bankroll money) and take some big shots.

But 2010 me decided to register for one 216 FTOPS(the 7 game next Wednesday) and take the extra 320 in cash and have profit for the day. The reason is simple. I'm currently unemployed and looking for work but not finding much success. So for now, this is my main source of income. So my strategy is to play smaller tournaments, and make it a goal to profit each day, knowing that my big cash(like the 1200 I got on Wednesday) will come. So this puts me in 3 ftops next week.

Today I woke up early for my standards, lol, 10:30. When going to bed last night, I was trying to decide whether to wake up early and grind the 8 am tournaments(10 buck 6 handed, 5 buck heads up, and 10 buck cubed.) I decided not to, but to wake up for the 15 buck omaha super turbo and the 10 buck heads up, two tournaments I played on a daily basis for a while, but hadn't played in quite some time. The omaha didn't go well, but the heads up went a bit better. I ended up chopping it at the final matchup for 422 bucks. This is the 2nd time I had made it to the final. 1st time I won outright, this time I chopped it even. I played 3 tough matches, including the 1st round, where my opponent had me down to 600 with the blinds at 50 100.

So now I'm sitting pretty in 3 ftops next week. Hoping for the best, as I haven't cashed in an ftops in 2 years. Cross ya fingers. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "February has been kind to me"