FTOPS: 0 for 1

tayke2 On 11:00 AM

So tonight I played in the 216 turbo FTOPS. It got just under 3000 people and paid just under 300. Started with 2k in chips, blinds at 15/30, raising every 5 minutes. He's how it went down.

Early on I won a big pot with AQ. Facing a 3 times BB raise on the button, I 3 bet to 480 in the SB with AQ. Flop comes AQJ yahtzee!! I bet out 450 into a 1k pot he shoves and I snap call. He flips KQ, and I hold to get a big early double up to 3800. Well that stack lasted about 1 orbit, before I lost 1300 on this hand. I called a raise to 210 with A9 on the button. The flop came A86 we both check. Turn is a 6 and he bets 350 I called. River was a 7 he bet 650 and I call. He flipped A10. Not much I could do don't think I could play it any different just well played by him and unlucky for me.

From there, I made a few good preflop raises and played fairly aggressively, taking pots preflop with K10, J6, and K9. Then I won a huge pot with AK. With blinds at 60 120, utg shoved for 900, and the next player called. I shove over the top, and it folds around, and the caller folded. The guy flips Q10, and the board comes 8 high and I win the nice sized pot to get up to 5500.

Well this stack lasted all but 2 hands! I got moved, and raised to 550 with AQ. A stack on the button shoves for 3k. I think for a while, and decide to call. He flips AK bad news for me. The flop comes all clubs, and I have the A of clubs. But I can't suck out, and I'm back down to 2500. Pretty sure I have to make that call in this tournament everytime. In a non turbo, I could probably fold, but I still might have called.

After that, I shoved two hands in a row with AK and 99 getting no callers to put me at 3500 with blinds at 150 300. From there, I don't get much, making one shove an orbit to stay even at a table that was very even in chips. Then in the sb, I shove for 3k with K8dd and the bb snap calls having me covered with KQ. Lame. Flop is a great A23 with two diamonds. Need an 8 or a diamond for the big suckout. Turn comes a 4, and the river......a 5 of clubs. So we chop with a straight on board. I'll definitely take it!

With the blinds at 300 600, I am sitting on just 2600 in chips, and I need to make a stand. Facing a big all in preflop raise, I decide to call with the 98 of diamonds. This might seem like a strange play, but lemme explain why I did it. As I said, I was extremely short stacked. When you factor in antes, I was paying almost 1600 every 9 hands. So I had to make a stand at some point. The guy shoved 8k with blinds at 300 600. This made me pretty confident that a good suited connector was a solid shot against his range of hands. He isn't making this raise with JJ or better. He's doing this with AK, AQ, or a low to mid pair. So I decide to take a chance on a good drawing hand to get up to 11 bbs. He flips 33. Great hand for me to see. Flop is an ugly 1063 with one diamond. Need a 7 or running diamonds to win. Turn is both...7 of diamonds! Now I just need to dodge the board pairing to survive. The river....another 7. He wins with a full boat. Lame. Think I def had a shot at a cash if I could have held there, but I had to get butt ass lucky to hit the 7, so I can't be too upset.

Tomorrow morning is my best shot at a deep FTOPS run I think. Its the 216 7 game tournament with a 150k guaranteed prize pool, with around 30k going to first. The tournament is comprised on 7 different games, with the games changing at each blind level. Here's how I would rank my play in the 7 games being played.

1. NL holdem.
2. Stud hi/lo
3. Razz
4. PL Omaha
5. Stud
6. Limit Omaha hi/lo
7. Limit Holdem

For some reason, I suck at limit holdem. Badddd lol. So I'm hoping to get alot of chips in the stud games, and maybe score some KO's in the non limit games. As always, I'll be posting updates on my twitter tayke2. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "FTOPS: 0 for 1"