FTOPS: two more early exits

tayke2 On 11:47 AM

So yea I played the 216 7 game on Weds and played the 216 6 handed today and got out early in both. First the 7 game.

I started out quite well in this one. My goal was to not have any really bad sessions. Do my best to be up a bit in each one, but try not to lose alot in 1. That lasted about...3 levels lol. I was up 600 in limit holdem, and was the leader at the table after that round. The key hand was with 10 10 when we maxed out the bets preflop. The flop came 10 high and I check called. Turn brought me a full house and I check raised here. Got another bet in on the river, and I was good.

Next was stud hi lo which didn't start off too well. In one hand, I started with 4 hearts, 3 of them low only to have the non heart KQ10 come which did me no good. Then the next hand I started with a 4 card low, and got 4 clubs showing, but didn't have one underneath and missed all my draws to once again have nothing. But on one of the last hands, I turned a busted flush draw into trip 8's and won a good sized pot to get me back to where I started the level.

In razz, I was up 500 bucks, most of the time just having good low cards showing and raising the bring in with out any opposition. I was feeling good going into omaha hi/lo, but that didn't last too long. I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. I think it was a combination of me playing too many hands, and trying to get players to fold with marginal hands when people just won't fold in a limit game. I ended the level with half of my starting stack, only 2500.

Next was stud and I ended up down just 200 from where I started. On the first hand, I turned a busted flush draw into two pair which was good to get me back up to 3500, but slowly lost it from there. Next was Nl holdem, and I knew I would either double or bust in this level. Sure enough, I got it in with 77 against KQ and held to get up to 3800.

On the first hand of PL omaha, I made trip Kings, but couldn't bet with flush and straight draws on board. It ended up being good, and then I took a gamble with all the winnings from that hand when I called a short stack's all in with 10887 double suited. I missed a big straight draw on the turn, and was back down to 3500 lol. Then I took a pretty big gamble on this hand and went busto. I had AKJ10 suited and raise and got two callers. The flop came A62 rainbow and two of us check to the button who pot bets 1200. I knew I needed to get some chips b4 the limit section came back, so I gamble and went all in knowing full well he likely had two pair. He did A6, so I needed a K, J, 10, or had backdoor flush and str8 draws. Well the turn was the worst possible card. A 6 on the turn meant I was drawing dead.

Onto today's tournament, it didn't last long at all. I made a really bad mistake that will probably bother me for a while, but you have to learn from your mistakes to get better and I certianly will on this one. First off I had a really tough starting table. No names I recognized but all he players were aggressive and played well. I lost 500 early, but got it back on a semi bluff check raise that ended up working out.

Then my bustout hand came. With AQ, I 3 bet a players raise to 400 with blinds at 30 60 and he called. The flop came A104 with two hearts. He checked to me, and I put a small bet of 350 into a 900 chip pot to test the waters/make me look weak. He then raised to 900. Now here's where I made a rookie mistake that I really shouldn't have made. I decided to put a big reraise in there, essentially committing myself to the pot. Now the reraise was not the mistake. I think on this kind of board, I have to reraise to see whee I am. He could be making this move with AJ or A9, but he could also make this move with 1010 or 44. However, by raising so much(it was to 2500 when I had 3800 left) I had bet over half my stack, and had to call him if he went all in, knowing almost for sure that I was beat. The smart play would have been to raise to about 1800, then fold to a shove. By doing that, I can assure myself that I was folding to a better hand, and still left myself with about 2200 in chips with alot of play left. But alas, I commit myself, he shoves, and shows 1010 and I'm practically drawing dead. An A on the turn gives me sick hope but I don't hit it and I'm out in an hour.

That kind of mistake is unacceptable for a player who has played as much as I have, but its a mistake I won't repeat again. Coming up on Sunday, I got the 256 6 handed KO, and the 216 omaha heads up. Hoping for a turn around, as I'm taking tomorrow off from poker for my Birthday!! Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "FTOPS: two more early exits"