Big win eases the pain of FTOPS

tayke2 On 1:13 PM

So had my last two FTOPS today, and like the rest, they didn't go too well. I started off with the 256 KO 6 handed, and I started out on fire in that one. I made some great semi bluffs and outright bluffs early on to get me to 8800, compared to my 5k starting stack when this big hand occurred.

So I had AJ in the sb, and utg had min raised. Two people called and it was folded to me. Now I could squeeze here to try to get people out, but more then liekly someone will come along, and I didn't want to have to decide what to do if the flop came KQ2, so I just called. The bb came along too. Flop was a great A94 with 2 spades. UTG raiser bet 320 and the next guy shoved for 2400. Now both of these guys had been playing pretty fast and loose. I was positive that I was ahead of the 2400 shover, was just worried bout the original raiser. But even if I was behind, I had about 4k more then him, so I smooth call. He folds, and the shover shows K8ss for a flush draw. He misses and I get up to 12k!

Sadly, I would not get higher then 13k. Ran into a hand I wouldn't be able to recover from. With KK utg, I raised to 320 and got 3 callers. Flop came J103 with two diamonds. I bet about 800 into the 1500 chip pot. Folded around to the button who min raised. He had been doing that alot, so I thought I was still good. I shove, and he called with 33. I couldn't catch up, and I was back down to 8k.

After that, the crippling hand was at 80 160 with AK. Facing a raise preflop from a new big stack, I 3 bet to 850 and he calls. The flop comes 632. We both check. Turn is another 6 and he checks, and I bet 800. He puts in a small raise to 1900. I raise again to 3600. He shoves, and I have to fold. Well played by him guess he flatted with AA or KK pre.

After that, I got a bit impatient and overplayed 88 post flop. Called an utg riase and check raise shoved a 532 flop and he flipped KK. Oh well.

The Omaha heads up went even worse lol. I had an early lead after turning a Q high flush when this hand came up. I had K985 with two hearts and the flop came 257 with two hearts. I bet he called. Turn was a K, meaning I would now need a K,6,5, or heart on the river. I bet he raises almost all in, and I shove knwoing I'm pretty much guareanteed to be up against a set. Sure enough, he has 22, and I miss the river to get down to 700. From there, two hands later, I get it in on a flop of 1092 with an A high flush draw and inside str8 draw. He shows two pair, 10 9, and I need a J or heart I miss, and I'm a 1st round victim.

All of this is made a bit easier because earlier today, I won the 15 buck super turbo omaha for 800 bucks. Pretty funny cause about 4 months ago, I won the 10 buck heads up and 15 buck omaha super turbo for the 1st time....on the same day. Then..a week after chopping the heads up, I win the omaha today. Good stuff. 600 more comin in the mail, putting my 2010 cashout winnings at a solid 3400 in just two months. Not too shabby. Next up: Mini ftops next month. Going to play at least 10 events. Wish me luck!

0 Responses "Big win eases the pain of FTOPS"