A different kind of Coin Flip

tayke2 On 9:53 AM

Having played a ton of poker, I'm used to sweating the "classic coin flip". The all in pre flop of 77 vs AK that ultimately determines the winners of several tournaments. However, fantasy football has these as well, and in a way, they are more frustrating, because you are ultimately in control of the situation. In yesterday's match up for my brother, I had two coin flips, and one of them went terribly wrong.

First was at QB: Whether to start Tom Brady @ Denver or Carson Palmer @ Baltimore

As with each coin flip, I made a pros and cons list. For Brady , Pros: They will pass the ball a ton, and he's always capable of having a 30 point game. Cons: In Denver's cold weather against a tough Defense that includes all world corner Champ Bailey who would likely(and he did) shut down Randy Moss. For Palmer, Pros: Looking like he's back at his 2007 form and has a ton of weapons around him, but cons: He was playing Batlimore's pass defense...thats really all you need to know lol. I decided to go with Brady, and as is often the case, it didn't matter much, but it turned ut to be the correct decision as Brady got 3 more points.

The other toss up was Kellen Winslow vs Mercedes Lewis. Winslow, pros: He's probably the #1 option for Tampa Bay especially in the red zone, and he's showing the talent he displayed in his college years. Cons: Tampa....Bay.....sucks. Mercedes Lewis- Pros: The offense WAS on fire, and lewis was showing his promise as a 1st round pick last year. Cons: The offense is pretty stacked, with Lewis being the 3rd or 4th option. Based on the matchups and the abilities of the offenses, I chose Mercedes Lewis. Well Lewis got 2.5 points, and Winslow got....26. He caught both of Tamps TD's and was the lone star of a terrible offensive game. Lol great.

Had I started Winslow, I'd have the victory wrapped up. Oh well still have a shot tonight. Got Ronnie Brown and the Jets defense, which sadly will be in opposition of each other as far as points are concerned. But I have hope considering there will be two rookie QB's starting. Ideal situation; Ronnie brown 100 yards rushing 6 catches and 1 TD. The Jets allow 10 points and get a few takeaways and sacks. Need 20 point...cross your fingers.

In the ATVN league, I lost my sure win against Jeremy, thanks in large part to Peyton Manning who screwed me over again for the 3rd time in 4 weeks by giving Wayne a TD and 15 points. I lost by 5, but I'm happy that my trade worked out for me. Ochocinco got 11 points, and Burelson ripped it for 25. Schaub had a sick second half giving me 25 points. And Bradon jacobs started off well, but fizzled while Amad Bradshaw shined. Not good. But on the other side, Chris johnson once again sucked, welker did well, and Palmer was ok. sadly though, 1-4 now means Playoffs might be tough. We'll c.

Thanks for reading if anyone has any questions about my team or theirs feel free to comment I'll glad give my 2 cents. Thanks guys.

0 Responses "A different kind of Coin Flip"