Fantasy Football-First of Many Football Posts

tayke2 On 3:34 PM

Its one of my favorite things in the world to do. Every Sunday, every game matters, and its just awesome. I thought I'd post my teams here and do a Sunday update so you guys can follow along. I haven't been really feeling poker recently for whatever reason, but that will probably change soon with the "Piece of Ivey sweepstakes." I'll post the link to that later.

Ok so my first team is my family league. It consists of 10 people: myself, my dad, mom and brother. then my Uncle, Grandpa, Aunt, and Cousin. then two of her friends to round out the league. In this league, I am 2-2, but I really like my team and I think when everyone is 100% I have a good shot at taking the league down.

QB: Tom Brady- Has been so-so so far this year but the knee gets better every game and with a healthy Welker coming back, I expect big numbers soon.

WR: Calvin Johnson- This kid is a star in the making and is putting up great numbers on a horrible offense.

WR: Steve Smith(NYG)- Probably the biggest surprise of the season, Smith has filled the void for Plaxico and then some and is the top scoring WR of the year. Love to see the Trojans do well!

WR: Wes Welker: Look at Brady

RB: Ronnie Brown- A pleasant surprise so far, Brown is by far my most productive RB and is one of the best RB's this year.

RB: Brian Westbrook: I took a huge gamble with Westbrook at the #2 overall pick and so far he has let me down. But his knee is getting better and I expect him to return to his 15-20 point a game form soon.

TE: Kellen Winslow/Mercedes Lewis- Definitely my weak point, I'm counting on Lewis to continue his breakout year and give me some big numbers.

K: Joe Nedney and Rob Bironias- Its kicking..lets not waste our time.

DEF: Jets and Tennessee- Titans have been a big disappointment but the Jets have been holding through for me.

Bench: Lots of potential. Braylon Edwards has been a huge bust and I gambled on him by drafting him in all of my leagues. Hoping the change of scenery can get him back to his 2007 form. Also keep an eye on Marshawn Lynch back from suspension.

I have a public team but it was auto drafted and sucks and I dont care much about it lol. My other team is with a bunch of my school friends. We only got 8 teams, so they are a bit more stacked then usual. My team is 1-3, but is 4 points from 3 and 1. Lost one match up 140.52 to 140.44(not a typo .08 points) and lost another game by 3 points. Just pulled a huge trade will talk about it after.

QB: Phillip Rivers: Gonna lead the league in Yards this year but I'm hoping he ups the TD's for me.

WR:Kevin walter: Just getting back to full strength from his knee injury. Should get good production.

WR: Wes Welker- Mentioned before, getting healthy. Gets tons of catches but few TD's.

WR: Torry holt- Usually a dependable veteran, but the change of teams hasn't been good for him. Not doing well this year.

RB: Chris Johnson- #1 guy in fantasy but deceiving ranking as he had one bananas week and 3 sub par ones.

RB: Deangelo williams- I will live and die by him this year. Last year, he wasn't great till the 2nd half of the year. Hope that is the same this year.

TE: Jason witten- Best TE in football. Getting tons of catches but I need some TD's soon.

K: David Akers: still got one hell of a leg

DEF: Pittsburgh- I need Polamolu back. NOW!

Ok so the trade. Clearly my WR's suck balls and my RB's are stacked(also got Larry Johnson who's past his prime but still solid but stuck on a horrible team.) But I had to make a move to get some more productive wide outs. So I pulled a blockbuster trade. Chris Johnson, Carson Palmer, and Wes Welker for Chad Ochocinco, Nate buerlson, Matt Schaub, and Brandon Jacobs. I decided to trade CJ cause of his inconsistency. I needed good WR's and I got 2 guys who have double the points of my current top guys. Schaub is a stud and will give me two great QB's that I an switch out or maybe use as trading bait later this year. And Jacobs will give me solid rushing numbers. Overall, I think for my team, it was a good trade.

So those are my teams I'm going to try to update every Sunday, and I'll also talk about various subjects throughout football season. I want to start talking about more then poker, so expect future posts about College and Pro football. Sorry for the long read..thanks guys.

0 Responses "Fantasy Football-First of Many Football Posts"