NFL Weekly Picks

tayke2 On 11:13 PM

I've been constantly looking to expand the horizons of this blog after having it solely be about poker for a long time. Although today I played maybe my 5th tournament in 3 weeks and got 3rd for 504 bucks, so that was nice. Got another check coming in the mail sweet. Shoulda won but a cooler and suck out killed me. Oh well water under the bridge. I thought it would be good to do some pro football picks. So hope my advice helps you guys out when it comes to bets with friends or bets in vegas haha. Lets get started.

1. Houston at Buffalo: Houston's offense has been on fire, and despite 2 wins in a row by the bills, they are still a pretty bad team. Houston takes this one big 31-13

2. Cleveland at Chicago- Despite getting whooped by the Bengals last week, the Browns are just god awful. Going with the lesser of two evils here ans saying the Bears take this one 17-6.

3. Seattle at Dallas- I've never really believed in all the hype around Dallas the past few years. They have the talent but can't seem to get it together. However, they have looked mighty good the past couple weeks. The Seahawks have a good offense but that's about it. Think this one will be closer then most think. Dallas takes it 27-23.

4. St Louis at Detroit- Two pretty bad teams, but the Lions have shown some promise this year, while the Rams just flat out suck. Going with the lesser of two evils again. Lions get their 2nd win on the year here. 17-13

5. San Francisco at Indianapolis- Sorry New Orleans. I love my Saints and I think they are the best team in the NFC. But the Colts are the class of the NFL this year. The 49ers will put up a good fight, and I'm pulling for Alex Smith to redeem himself, but the Colts win this one 31-17

6. Miami at New York Jets- These two matched up for one of the best games of the year earlier this year on Monday Night Football. I think they are two very even teams, but I like the dolphins here in what many might consider an upset. Their running game is ridiculous, and the secondary is very dangerous and could pick off a few balls from Sanchez. Dolphins win another close one here 27-24.

7. New York Giants at Philadelphia- The outcome of this game will largely be affected by the status of Brian Westbrook. He provides a whole different dynamic to this offense. Having said that, the Giants are the better team here, an I think the only difference Westbrook would make is the closeness of the final score. Giants win this one 24-13

8. Denver at Baltimore- This could very well be the game of the week. Two very talented teams here. The Ravens defense is lesser then it used to be, but the offense has picked their game up to compensate. I like the Ravens at home, and I think they have the tools to shut down the main weapons for the Broncos. Baltimore knocks Denver off the unbeaten list with a tough win 17-14.

9. Jacksonville at Tennessee- My 2nd upset pick so far. I don't know why, but for some reason I like the Titans here. They really have nothing going for them. Jeff Fisher is wearing Colts stuff, they just got utterly destroyed by the Pats, and they lost to this same team by 20 points. I mite look like an idiot hear, but my gut is saying Titans. No other reason, just my gut. Titans get on the win board with a 24-17 win.

10. Oakland at San Diego- A mismatch on many levels that will only stay relatively close due to the conservative play calling of Norv Turner. In Oakland, the Raiders mite have a shot. In San Diego, the Chargers win easily 28-10

11. Minnesota at Green Bay- Will be hyped as the game of the week, and these two teams are fighting for the top spot in the NFC north. I think the Vikes are the better team, and a motivated Favre will come in and lead them to victory. Vikes win 28-20

12. Carolina at Arizona- The Panthers are bad. I mean reallllly bad. When you out gain your opponents by over 250 yards, and you don't come close to beating them, you have a problem. The Cardinals are looking after going into New York and getting a big win against the Giants. Cardinals win in what should be a scrimmage for them 31-13.

13. Atlanta at New Orleans- Should be a great game between two teams that will likely be in the playoffs. The Saints looked god awful in the 1st half against the Dolphins, but proved they can comeback for a win. And on national TV, Drew Brees will lay his claim as the MVP of the league. Although for my money, he might not even be the MVP of his team. That title goes to Free Safety Darren Sharper, who has completely changed this defense. Saints win at home 30-20.

Those are my picks. What are your thoughts? Am I absolutely nuts to pick the Titans to win?! Probably lol. Thanks for reading guys.

0 Responses "NFL Weekly Picks"