Its NFL Time Baby!!!

tayke2 On 10:27 AM

Well it truly is the best time of the year. Football is starting, and baseball thankfully is winding down. And boy the first NFL Sunday might be better then Christmas. Might be! Tomorrow I'll post my fantasy teams, but today I'm going to post my top 5 bets for this week. I'll be starting with #5, the one I'm least comfortable with, and ending with my #1 slam dunk sure fire bet. And here..we..go.


5. Indianapolis Colts(-2.5) at Houston Texans- Whenever these two teams play: you can count on two things almost everytime. 1. The Colts will win. 2. It will be extremelyyyy close. But for this year, I'm scared that the Texans will be very fired up and will want to make a big statement early. More importantly, I can very easily see the Colts win with a score of 21-20 or 23-21. On paper, its a good bet, but as you will see, there are far better bets out there this week.

4. San Francisco 49ers(-3) at Seattle Seahawks- Again, a bet that on paper looks like a slam dunk. But there are alot of intangibles here that can't be measured on paper. This will be the first game of the Pete Carrol era, and the Hawks will be at home. Maybe the most important factor, the 49ers will have to deal with the burden of being the division favorite for the first time in years, which is alot to handle for such a young team. I still think the niners win by a touchdown, but its not the best bet out there.

3. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants(-7)- 7 points is alot to give up to a team in the NFL, but I think at home the Giants are a good bet here. The Giants should be able to load up the box to try and shut down Williams and Stewart, and Manning should have a field day on this defense that lost its best player, Julius Peppers. My guess is the G men take this one 31-21.

2. Miami Dolphins(-3) at Buffalo Bills- Lost amongst all of the hype surrounding the New York Jets and the constant admiration of the New England Patriots is the fact that the Fins are a very solid ball club. They have a great 1-2 punch at RB in Brown and Williams, an emerging QB in Chad Henne, and a stud wide out now in Brandon Marshall. Combine that with a solid defense, and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to cover a measly 3 points against a Bills team that will be fighting for one thing this year: the #1 pick next year.

1. Green Bay Packers(-3) at Philadelphia Eagles- Clearly Vegas knows something that we don't. Clearly the fix is in and somehow the Eagles will cover this and Vegas will make bank, because nobody is betting Philly here. You have the odds on Super Bowl favorite in the NFC coming into Philly, where Kevin Kolb will be making his first start as "the guy" at Quarterback. Combine that with a young offense and an aging defense, and there is no reason why at any point of the year, at any place on earth, the Packers aren't at least a touchdown better then the Eagles. But as they often say, that is why they play the game.

Well those are my picks. Stay tuned for my fantasy matchups later. Also, I will be playing 4 mini ftops next week. On Tuesday, I'm playing the $22 half PL holdem half PL Omaha. At 2, playing the $22 turbo holdem. On Wednesday, playing the $33 omaha heads up, and wrapping it up on Thursday with the $22 7 game limit. Will post other events if I satellite into them. As always you can follow all my poker and football thoughts at my twitter tayke2. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Its NFL Time Baby!!!"