USC and CFB Thoughts

tayke2 On 5:25 PM

Well I watched almost the whole USC game last night, and I can safely assume that based on how well the offense played and how poorly the defense played, I will be taking the over on points scored every game. The defense will have to play better once we get to Pac-10 play, but they have two more games to shake the kinks out. More so then the incredible play of Matt Barkley, I was most impressed by the play of Ronald Johnson. Patrick Turner was never able to be the great player he could have been, and while Damien Williams was solid, he was too small to be a dominant receiver. But last night Rojo showed that he could be as dominant in the receiving game as DJ used to be, and as dangerous as Reggie Bush could be in the punt returning. Given it was Hawaii its too early to crown him, but I think he will easily be the MVP of the USC offense, and could be an early dark horse for Heisman.


As I mentioned in my last post, I will be taking some time on this blog to discuss certain bets that jump out at me. Last night, I took Marshall at +28.5 and USC-Hawaii at over 51. Well both bets were pretty much over at halftime: one good and one bad. I have 3 others that I'm looking at this weekend. One is tonight, and its Arizona at -16.5. Right now its early, but Arizona got an early TD, and I think they will keep adding on hopefully. Tomorrow, I have the under on 53 points scored in two games: Uconn-Michigan, and ND-Purdue. I can see both of these being a defensive struggle, with both games having a 27-17 like score. At least I'm hoping.

Got my last fantasy football draft on Sunday, then its game on. Can't wait. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "USC and CFB Thoughts"