NFL Playoff Predictions

tayke2 On 12:00 PM

In the past two days, I have narrowed 32 teams down to 12. Today, I will knock it down to the final two. Lets start in the AFC. The Colts and Chargers will get byes.


#6 Houston Texans at #3 New York Jets- Could be a really solid game. Classic battle of offense vs defense, and the battle of Andre Johnson vs Darrelle Revis would be fantastic to watch. I think the home field would be the deciding factor in what would be a matchup of two very different structured teams yet two similar teams talent wise. I like the Jets here 24-20.

#5 Cincinatti Bengals at #4 Baltimore Ravens- In what would be the 3rd installment of the rivalry, I like the Bengals to pull a bit of an upset here. In case you couldn't gather, I love the combination of TO and Ochocinco. And Carson Palmer is hungry to prove that he's back to his pro bowl ways. I like the Bengals to pull off the upset here 24-17.

2nd Round

#5 Cincinatti Bengals at #1 Indianapolis Colts- This is arguably the best defense that the Colts have had in years. Combine that with an offense that will be getting Anthony Gonzalez, and I think they will be too much for the upstart Bengals to handle. I see the Colts winning this one fairly easily, as I don't think its a great matchup for the Bengals. Colts 35-17.

#3 New York Jets at #2 San Diego Chargers- A rematch of last year's AFC semifinals, I don't see why the result will be any different this year. The Jets are vastly improved on both offense and defense, while the Chargers lost LT on offense and Cromartie on defense. The funny thing is: both ended up in a Jets uniform. I honestly don't see this being very close either, surprising because the Chargers will be at home. Jets win 27-14.

AFC Championship

#3 New York Jets at #1 Indianapolis Colts- Once again a rematch from last year. This is a matchup of one vastly improved team vs a team that somehow managed to get even better then they already were. I once again am giving the edge to Peyton Manning and the Colts in what I imagine will actually be a tough hard fought win. Colts take it 17-13.

AFC Champs: Indianapolis Colts.

Lets move to the NFC now, where I have the Saints and Packers getting byes.

#6 Atlanta Falcons at #3 Dallas Cowboys- Dallas has arguably the most talented team in the league. They have too many running backs to know what to do with, and if Dez Bryant can bring some of the magic he had in college, the passing game will be very scary. Add to that a solid defense, and I don't think Dallas will have much issue here with the Falcons. Cowboys win 31-17.

#5 Minnesota Vikings at #4 San Francisco 49ers- We are used to seeing the Cardinals in the role of home team underdog, but this year its being played by the 49ers. Here are the facts: despite being at home and being a higher seed, the 49ers aren't as good as Minnesota. They will put up a good fight, but I see the Vikes coming through here and winning 28-20.

2nd Round

#5 Minnesota Vikings at #1 Green Bay Packers- This would be a sick playoff matchup. Brett Favre's apprentice in Green Bay Aaron Rodgers could be the last QB to defeat Brett Favre. Just has a nice ring of justice to it doesn't it. And i see it happening. I think the Packers have taken the step this year past the Vikings, and will use the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field to their biggest advantage. Packers take this one 27-17.

#3 Dallas Cowboys at #2 New Orleans Saints- Last year, the Saints were 13-0 and looking for a perfect season when they went into Dallas and got beat by the Cowboys. This is the one team that matchups up very well with the Saints, and though it kills me to say it, I think the Boys will dethrone the Saints in they meet in the playoffs. Cowboys pull off the upset 30-24.

NFC Championship

#3 Dallas Cowboys at #1 Green Bay Packers- Its hard to imagine a more powerful home field advantage then what the Packers would have for the NFC Championship game were they to get there. The frozen tundra would be a nightmare to play on, and any team, let alone a predominately dome playing team, would struggle. I think Aaron Rodgers leads his team to victory and to their first superbowl in 13 years. Packers win 24-14.

NFC Champions: Green Bay Packers

And with that, you can now see that my Super Bowl matchup is the Indianapolis Colts vs. Green Bay Packers. Be sure to tune in tomorrow to see my breakdown of this potential matchup and see who I think will be hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy in February. Thanks for reading.




0 Responses "NFL Playoff Predictions"