Sunday Recap

tayke2 On 11:14 AM

So the first NFL Sunday is in the books and what a day it was. A few random thoughts here.


1. The Lions got robbed. Calvin Johnson easily made that catch, and to the technicality of "the progress of making a catch" which has replaced the more retarded phrasing of "a football related move", it was taken away. Gotta feel for them there, as the Lions are such a hard luck franchise.

2. What the hell happened to the San Francisco 49ers?!?! You come into today as clear division favorites and you go out there and get your ass handed to you 5 times by Seattle. That game was not even close, and it was downright embarrassing if you are a fan of the 49ers. Props to Pete Carroll for getting his first win in impressive fashion.

3. Don't jump on the Michael Vick starting bandwagon. But start running along side it. Kolb plain and simply looked very poor in his time in the game. He looked like a rookie on several plays, locking in on one wide out, and forcing in ball after ball. And for having a fantastic game, Clay Matthews missed his easiest play of the game on a gimme interception that he let slip through his fingers.

4. Ouch Cowboys. Ouch

5. Houston Texans win most surprising result today. If you had told me at the beginning of the day that the Texans would win today, I would have been far from shocked. If you told me how much they would dominate my Super Bowl pick, I would have been very surprised. Great showing by them, and my Vegas bet on them is looking a bit better already!

On to my Fantasy teams, I have 5 teams going right now: two public teams, my whole family league, and my other family league consisting of my direct family and Kristal, where we each have two teams. Going into tonite's games, here's how I'm faring.

Public #1-I am leading by 11 points. I have Nate Keading, he has Jericho Cotchery and Jets defense. Not the best position to be in, but not a terrible spot either.

Public #2- I'm down by 17, with Phillip Rivers and Nate Keading vs Dwayne Bowe. Like my chances here, but I need Bowe to go off in another league. Oh conflicting interests.

Main Family League: Literally deadlock at 95.25 a piece with my grandpa. I have Dwayne Bowe he had Baltimore's defense. On paper, I win this more often that not, but that is why they pplay the game

Taylor League 1- Down by 10 to my bro with Derrick Mason and Ryan Matthews vs Jamaal Charles. 10 points can be erased very quickly, but it can also be built on very easily. If Mason can get me within a couple points, I like Matthews to outscore Charles who should be splitting carries with Thomas Jones.

Taylor League 2- My mom handed me my first ass whopping of the year thanks to the combo of Tom Brady and Arian Foster. Oh well gotta take a beating once in a while

So my horses tomorrow are Ryan Matthew, Nate Keading,Dwayne Bowe and Derrick Mason. Keep an eye out for them.

Last quick thought. Went 3-2 on my spread picks. Lost #4 and 5 but was correct on my top 3 picks. Got a few mini ftops this week. Enjoy the Monday night double header.

0 Responses "Sunday Recap"