NFL Top 5 Picks

tayke2 On 2:45 PM

Last week, I went 3-2 on my picks against the spread, losing my #5 and #4 picks but winning my top 3 sure bets. This week, I have 5 more to give you, and if I can get 3-2 every week, I'll be pretty happy with that.


5. Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers(-14)- I was really only comfortable with 4 spreads this week, so I'm throwing this in because its rare that a team as bad as the Bills takes on a team as good as the Packers. The danger with this kind of spread is that the Packers could go up by 21-24 points and let their foot off the gas, and let the Bills creep within a couple TD's. But its tough for me to pass on the Packers in this matchup with virtually any spread.

4. Philadelphia Eagles(-6.5) at Detroit Lions- The Eagles were getting destroyed last week before Vick came in, and he lit a fire under their asses. On the other side, the Lions looked like they had stolen a win in Chicago before an absolutely terrible rule was enforced. This Eagles team is not as good as years past, and the Lions aren't as bad as years past, but I still like the Eagles to win by a TD on the road here.

3. Seattle Seahawks(+3.5) at Denver Broncos- I had to take a double take when I saw that the Broncos were favorites here. The Broncos lost to the lowly Jaguars, and the Seahawks destroyed the NFC West favorite 49ers last week. The only reason why I can imagine the Broncos are favorites is the home field advantage, but I'll gladly take the Seahawks with a field goal advantage.

2. Kansas City Chiefs(+2) at Cleveland Browns- My boy Vegas Dave told me to not fall into this trap, but I'm jumping right in. I think that the Browns might be the worst team in football, having just blown a 4th quarter lead to the pitiful Bucs. And the Chiefs are flying high after they knocked off the Chargers at home last week. I get the argument of suffering a let down, but I don't see it considering the solid Chiefs D and the horrible Browns offense.

1. Houston Texans(-3) at Washington Redskins- Man I'm picking alot of road teams. Thats probably not a good trend to be starting. But yeah I love the Texans here. This team finally has the confidence they were missing the past few years, and while the Skins are coming off a big win themselves, they didn't look nearly as good. I like the Texans to jump out to a 2-0 start here.

Those are my picks. Check out the blog tomorrow when I will post up my top fantasy matchups. Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "NFL Top 5 Picks"