The Best time in Sports

tayke2 On 10:22 AM

This is my favorite time on the sports calender. It means that the NFL is making its push to the playoffs, College Football is making its push towards a BCS catastrophe, Baseball is FINALLLLLLLLLY ending, and Basketball is just starting. Speaking about the last fact there, I just drafted a fantasy basketball team with my ATVN freinds. I definetely know more and care more about football, but Basketball isn't too far behind for me. So here is the team I drafted yesterday.

PG Dwyane Wade (Mia - PG,SG- My top pick, D Wade does it all. He'll be top 5 for guards in points, rebounds, steals, and blocks. Just hope he can stay healthy.

SG Allen Iverson (Mem - PG,SG)- With my last pick, I decided to go with a washed up veteran lol. I had to choose between AI and T-mac. I decided that AI would be healthier, and maybe would want to prove something and lead this team in scoring. We'll see.

G Michael Redd (Mil - SG,SF)- Has always been underrated, his stock dropped alot this year after getting hurt last year. However, he's still the 2nd best 3 pointer shooter in the game(behind Ray Allen) and will give me solid points every night.

SF Marvin Williams (Atl - SF,PF)-A young talent that seems to get better every year, I'm hoping this is the year Williams breaks out into becoming a potential all star. Him teaming up with Josh Smith and Joe Johnson makes the Hawks one of the most under the radar teams in the East.

PF Kevin Garnett (Bos - PF)- Garnett is getting a bit older but he's still a double double machine. For those of you that don't know, a double double is when you get 10 or more of two stat categories. In Garnetts case, it will be points and rebounds. I'm taking a minor gamble based on his knee injury, but he will be the deciding factor in some weeks in the boards and blocks catagory.

F David West (NO - PF)- West has alwys been underrated in my opinion. He gets overlooked because of all the great big men in the west and because of this guy named Chris Paul. But like Garnett, he is a double double machine, and I'm loving this 1-2 combo at forward.

C Elton Brand (Phi - PF,C)- Another injury risk, I thought Brand had solid value as my 5th round pick. If he can stay healthy, he, like Garnett and West, will be a double doulbe machine. Lol seeing a theme here.

C Chris Kaman (LAC - C)- After just a week, Kaman is actually the 2nd ranked player in Fantasy bashetball. Probably won't keep it up, but defintely worth a risk in the 9th round.

Util Mo Williams (Cle - PG)- Was an all star last week, and should see alot of kick outs from Lebron on double and triple teams.

Util Eric Gordon (LAC - SG) -A very young and very talented guard, I'm hoping Gordon will be able to step out in LA and be a consitent starter for the Clips. His assists are sure to go up when Blake Griffin is healthy again.

BN Joe Johnson (Atl - PG,SG,SF)- Johnson is a beast who is only on my bench cause he isn't playing tonite but rest assured he will be one of my top 4 players.

BN Thaddeus Young (Phi - SF,PF)- Came out too soon from Georgia Tech but this kid is a star in the making. Should see more production year after year for years to come.

BN Shaquille O'Neal (Cle - C)- The Big Diesel the big aristotle whatever you call him lol. Shaq is old, and will only be good for a line of 12 points 6 boards each nite. However, his FG percentage should stay at a solid 60%, which could be the difference week after week.

Ok so there is my team. I'll post my week by week results as they come. If you are a big fan of baskeball, my boy Jeremy Hall has a great Fantasy Basketball blog. He knows more then I do lol. My BCS recap is coming up later today. Thanks for reading guys.

0 Responses "The Best time in Sports"