Can't Believe I made it. Congrats To Cada

tayke2 On 8:12 PM

Ok so I managed to survive the weekend without finding out what happened, only to see Ivey go out in 7th, which was lame. I was also pretty bummed about the suck outs determining the winner as opposed to the players. But its all over ,and we have the youngest champion in history for the 2nd straight year. Congrats to Cada he's a sick player but he definitely got alittle lucky! Here's ny recap of all the player's play.

9th- James Akenhead- He really couldn't get anything going with his small chip stack. Too bad too because we could have seen some great plays by him. This definitely won't be the last we see of him he will be around for quite some time.

8th- Tough loss for Schaffel who played well from the limited time we saw of him. Schaffel is also a great player making a WPT final table. Tough luck with the AA vs KK against Buchman, but it was an indicator of things to come.

7th- Phil Ivey- Ugh....you knew he was going home when the crowd started chanting Ivey Ivey! Oh well...the run itself was great for poker, and I love Ivey saying he thinks he'll be back in the next couple years. I would doubt anybody besides this man.

6th- Steven Begleiter- I must say, I was veryyyyy impressed with Begs's play. He made some great moves, some great calls, and got extremely unlucky at the hands of the Ivey Slayer moon. Begs made me a believer. I still don't think we will see much more of him, but it was still mighty impressive.

5th- Jeff Shulman- I knew he would be tight, but I didn't think he would be that tite Having said that, he still made good decisions throughout. The 99 fold against Ivey was a bit skeptical but still a safe and good play And obviously got very unlucky to Cada and the 33. Good showing by Shulman.

4th- Eric Buchman- I'm not sure what to make of Buchman based on what I saw on TV. He literally played about 5 hands it seemed lol. but from what I saw, it was good play as I expected. He'll be back.

3rd-Antonie Saout- Despite the fact that he would have been a terrible champ for poker(he woulda hidden and never appeared in public, not the mention he hardly speaks English), I was pulling for Saout at the end. The Frenchman played PHENOMENAL and definitely deserved to win this. The QQ vs 22 hand was absolutely sick, and if he takes that he takes it down. Great play by Saout.

2nd- Darvin Moon- Wow. I'll give Moon credit for opening up his play, but he made alot of mistakes. ALOTTTTT of mistakes. And alot of plays that really made no sense. The all in preflop with K9 to Cada's aces. The KQ raise to 15 mil and folding. Alot of it was just really weird, and I wasn't happy when he sucked out to win big pots off players that were better then him and played better then him. Having said all that, he seems like a great guy and I'm happy for his incredible story and a big congrats goes out to this cinderella story.

1st- Joe Cada- Very torn about this I liked Cada comin in, I thought he was one of the top 3 players at the table, and had I just seen this result on paper, I would have been happy and not surprised. Butttt, I can't recall a guy dodge so many bullets. Sucking out with 22 and 33, surviving the race against ivey that could have propelled him. But again, having said all that, an incredible feat especially going from 3 mil to the winner. Huge congrats go out to Joe Cada, and my heart goes out to Peter Eastgate, who's great record off 22 years old being the youngest champ lasted all but a year.

Well thats it, the WSOP is over, and the 2nd straight year of a great final table and champ after 2 so so ones before What were your thoughts? Did you think someone else would win? What kind of Champ will Cada be? Let me know guys! Thanks for reading.

0 Responses "Can't Believe I made it. Congrats To Cada"