NFL Fantasy Matchups

tayke2 On 7:02 PM

Sorry for not posting my matchups last week I was going through my internet ban because of the WSOP at the time. Ok well to no ones real surprise I went 0-2 yet again. This puts me at 2-7 in my Family league and 3-6 in my ATVN league. Despite my best efforts to miss the playoffs, I'm only 1 game out of 7th in my family league, as my cousin, grandpa, and aunt are all either 3-6 or 2-6-1. So I decided I need to make a move. I traded Steve Smith for Cedric Benson. My main week point is my inconsistent RBs. Ronnie brown for the most part as been solid but in recent weeks he's gotten small points. Westbrook plays one of every 3 games, and LT isn't doing much. Benson is a stud and I had to make a move for him so I did. Hopefully he helps me out. I could really use a win this week, but considering I've lost 5 in a row and my opponent has won 5 in a row, I don't like my chances much.

Me (2-7)

Tom Brady at Ind- They always seem to play each other, and it usually is a good offensive shootout, especially between the QB's because both want to prove they are better.

Calvin Johnson at Min- Need him to get 100% asap. Against Minnesota he should get alot of looks hopefully but its all about his knee right now.

Wes Welker at Ind- I was offered Welker for Benson but the Welker Brady Combo is all I have going for me. Hoping this week he proves to me why I didn't trade him.

Devery Henderson at Stl- I have a pure toss up here between Henderson and Braylon Edwards against the Jags. I'm gonna go with Henderson, as Braylon has let me down week after week. I'll loss this coin flip no matter what lol so I'm resigned to that.

Ronnie Brown vs TB- Ok Brown has a great matchup here and I really need him to go off. I'm worried Ricky will steal more TD's from him, but I don't have a choice. Step it up Ronnie!

Cedric Benson at Pit- Another toss up here as westbrook is gonna be playing and Benson is playing a tough D, but I didn't trade for Benson for him to sit on the bench. Hoping for big things from the new face on my team.

Kellen Winslow at Mia- Got a TD from Josh Freeman last week so hoping that these two have a good connection and Winslow can get back on track cause he's had several weeks where he has disappeared.

Nick Folk at GB- He's gotten multiple FGs the past couple weeks and this week should be more of the same.

New York Jets vs Jac- The Jags offense outside of Jones Drew isn't all that impressive and Garrard is turnover prone so hoping for a TD here.

Shannon(6-3)

Aaron Rodgers vs Dal- Rodgers passes, and he passes alot. But I like this matchup because the O line allows a ton of sacks and Demarcus Ware is a sack machine. If he can be held to 20 points I'll be happy.

Vincent Jackson vs Phi- I like the matchup as he will be against All Pro Asuante Samuel all day. Hoping he can contain this big play threat.

Hines Ward vs Cin- A catching machine, he can also disappear at times, and the strength of the Bengals D is their secondary.

Mike Sims-Walker at NYJ- He can get 10 catches for 120 or 1 catch for 10 yards. We'll c what he ends up doing.

Steven Jackson vs NO- I like this matchup purely because the Saints will score 28 1st quarter points and the rams will pass alot take their starters out early. At least I'm hoping. Otherwise he'll get 15-25.

Marshawn Lynch at Ten- This could turn very ironic. Lynch was chillin on my bench and started a couple poor games for me all year. I drop him, Shannon picks him up, and he's in her lineup. Will he go for 20 the week after I drop him. Probably lol. We'll c.

Jeremy Shockey at Stl- Shockey hasn't been looked at in the past few weeks, but I'm still expecting 5 catches for 80 yards from him and maybe a TD.

David Akers at SD- He'll get a couple FGs he's seen alot of the field recently.

Philadelphia at SD- Good matchup against a high powered offense hoping they can just get a few points in INT's and sacks.

Ok in ATVN I'm 3-6 and the playoffs are going to be tough to make as the 4th team right now is 5-4 so I need to basically go 3-1 in my next 4. The first matchup is against the 8-1 1st place team. Last night was a good night for me though. I had Devin Hester vs Vernon Davis, and I won the matchup 8.3 to 3.1. Now normally I wouldn't be so happy about outscoring the Tight End but Davis has been killin it recently so to only get 3 points from him was great to me.

Me(3-6)

Philip Rivers vs Phi- Not a great matchup but Schaub has a bye and I gotta go with Rivers hoping to get 20-25 from him and I'll be happy.

Nate Burleson at Ari- I see the Hawks falling behind early and passing alot so hoping Burleson can find his way into the endzone again this week.

Devin Hester vs Sf- Got me 8 points last night and has been a solid #3 wideout since I picked him up.

Chad Ochocinco at Pit- Again not the best matchup but can't bench him ever at this point.

DeAngelo Williams vs Atl- D will has been a beast recently and should have another good game here. Just hoping Stewart doesn't take some of his TD looks.

Thomas Jones vs Jac- Has played very well recently and is getting almost all the carries for the Jets. Should find his way to the endzone here I think.

Jason Witten at GB- Witten hasn't been getting as many looks recently but he's still gonna get me 8-10 at least every week.

David Akers at SD- Overlap. Oh well gonna get me some points for sure. Just hoping not too many.

New Orleans at STL- The Saints will get an early lead, and the Rams will be passing alot, and Bulger is very prone to INTs.

Dave(8-1)

Peyton Manning vs NE- One way or another, Manning has single handedly cost me at least 3 games this year. We'll see if he will make it 4 this week.

Derrick Mason at Cle- He's been solid all year and given the matchup he'll probably get some good points here.

Wes Welker at Ind- Got an overlap here no surprise Welker is a beast.

Calvin Johnson at Min- Another one fuck lol but I gotta put my best team forward regardless so again hoping for good but not great numbers lol.

Chris Johnson vs Buf- Yea he'll probably kill me here. He's been on fire recently, and Buffalo is no good. He's projected to get 25 which for a RB is insane. Oh well thats what I get for trading him I guess.

Adrian Peterson vs Det- There's a reason this team is 1st. Its stacked and against the Lions...I dont really have much of a chance realistically here.

Vernon Davis vs Chi- Only 3 points thats huge but wont be enough.

Kris Brown Bye- Only kicker on his lineup. guess he figures he doesn't need a kicker to win,and he's probably right.

Atlanta at Car- Big matchup here cause a D will TD will get me 6-10 points and lose him 3-6 points. Lets go D Will!!

Those are my matchups as always u can check my twitter throughout @tayke2 to get updates and check back in on Sunday night for my recap.

0 Responses "NFL Fantasy Matchups"